Author Topic: Mupen64 FZ controller not working  (Read 2084 times)

Offline NCarneiro

• byte
    • View Profile
Mupen64 FZ controller not working
« on: September 08, 2016, 08:37:31 PM »
Great to see an updated version on Playstore. The FZ is working on Ouya, it starts, maps the controller, loads the game, but then the controller stops working, no key (except menu, the button on the touchpad) is recognized.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Mupen64 FZ controller not working
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 08:22:50 AM »
That's odd, nothing has changed there. Can you go to settings, then input, then set the player 1 controller profile to the ouya one or any controller profile you created?

Offline NCarneiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 07:35:55 PM »
I´ve set controller 1 to OUYA. Still unable to use the controller in game. Tried different games and none responded to the Ouya controller.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 11:04:21 AM »
That is strange, nothing there has changed that should cause issues. Can you try selecting a game and going to settings. If the ”global default” selected for controller profile instead of disabled?

Also, can you check if your default controller profile is set to something under profiles then controller profiles?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:06:03 AM by fzurita »

Offline the grapefruit

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 09:27:25 AM »
Sorry to relive this topic but I'm having the same issue,

I was playing it with a ps2 controller and am otg cable on my tablet (galaxy tab E 9,7) and I decided to upgrade it to a red samurai bluetooth controller (actually in my country it's labeled differently but it is yet the same chinese controller)

Though the controller is recognized by the interface of the emulator (and other emulators) and keys are mapped correctly in the profile, and also,  the right profile is enabled in each game settings, the actual keying event is not being detected in the games themselves when they are launched. (Tried restarting the game inside the app to see if it was legacy settings or something like that and also closed and open the emulator but with no luck)

My next steps should be deleting the app cache and data  and trying starting over and if that does not work, maybe reinstalling. I will try that tonight cause I have to work right now  :-\ . But if you guys have any hint to point me in the right direction to fix this I will truly appreciate.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 08:59:16 PM »
You shouldn't have to do that. Go to the top left menu in the gallery and choose settings then input. Make sure that there is only a controller profile selected for the first player and nothing else.

Offline the grapefruit

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2017, 08:40:59 AM »
Well I read the answer a little late, but after deletting cache the control worked wonderfully.

Thanks a lot for your help, keep up the amazing work with the emulator and the front end.

Now I'm having issues to make rogue squadron at full speed, but will start looking in the forum to see if it's my tablet's processing cappabilities or if it is the game itself.