Author Topic: Fill screen, no distortion problem  (Read 567 times)

Offline SyNTRaX_Nick

• bit
    • View Profile
Fill screen, no distortion problem
« on: September 05, 2018, 01:41:17 AM »
-Device: HTC U11 Plus
-CPU: Octa-core (4x2.45 GHz Kryo & 4x1.9 GHz Kryo)
-RAM: 6GB Snapdragon 835
-RESOLUTION: 1440x2880
-ROM/Android Version: Android 8.0 Oreo
-APP VERSION: Latest Google Play Release
-PLUGINS:
---gles2N64
---RSP enabled: mupen64plus-rsp-hle, v1.99.5
---Emulation Core: mupen64plus-core, v1.99.5
---R4300 Emulator (Every Option Tried): Pure Interpreter,
   Cached Interpreter,  Dynamic Recompiler (dynarec)
   [Activated]

Description:

At the very beginning: Great work on this emu 👍 My problem is: when starting any Rom, my game won't go into fillscreen mode (with black bars, no distortion is activated). Even changing a bit around in the settings won't help me. I installed the app from Google Play, started it right away (i took a rom of my Computer, Pokémon Stadium 2) and loaded the rom. Then i saw that it's a little tiny and changed a bit in the settings, even the 'fill screen with no distortion', but it just gets a little bigger. Changing the render resolution (native) did help a bit too but there is still too much space.
I'd appreciate fast help :) Thanks ❤

Written on HTC U11 Plus, Android 8.0

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Fill screen, no distortion problem
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »
The option you activated does exactly the opposite, you need to activate the stretch option so that the emulator stretches the image to the same size of your screen. By the way, the version of the emulator that you use is quite outdated, I recommend this version

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mupen64plusae.v3.fzurita&hl=en

This version emulates the games much better and you can even use the transfer pak in pokemon stadium 1 and 2. Your device is quite powerful so you should not have problems emulating most games

Offline SyNTRaX_Nick

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: Fill screen, no distortion problem
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:53:53 PM »
The option you activated does exactly the opposite, you need to activate the stretch option so that the emulator stretches the image to the same size of your screen. By the way, the version of the emulator that you use is quite outdated, I recommend this version.

This version emulates the games much better and you can even use the transfer pak in pokemon stadium 1 and 2. Your device is quite powerful so you should not have problems emulating most games

I missspelled myself, the fill screen option was enabled. But I'll try the emulator that you suggested.

Thx, SyNTRaXxx.

Written on HTC U11 Plus, Android 8.0