Author Topic: Best settings for Animal Forest? Can it be run?  (Read 2856 times)

Offline Psycho_Sackboy

• bit
    • View Profile
Best settings for Animal Forest? Can it be run?
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:18:50 PM »
I am using Mupen64 Plue AE and have played around with the settings quite a bit but I can't seem to make the title playable. I have gotten the game to run at least up until I need to open my menu (which is a vital to playing the game) but all that ever appears is flashing colours, black boxes, crazy visuals, and in some situations caused the game speed to drop so low I swear it was going 2 frames every 9 seconds) Is there anyway or anyone who has gotten this title to run where it is more playable than walking around?

Are there any settings that can fix this? It is one of my favourite games and has been since childhood and I even had a friend mod one of my N64's a few years back to play the Japanese cart I bought but I really want to be able to take it with me as I don't have much ability to play on a console leisurely anymore and my phone is more convienent. Also the rom is translated unlike my cart (obviously as the game was not originally in English and I had to just pretend I knew what the characters were saying based off my experience with the GC version).

Thanks! :)

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Best settings for Animal Forest? Can it be run?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 12:51:42 AM »
Have you tried the Mupen64Plus FZ version in the play store? I would try that version with the GLideN64 emulation profile.

Offline Psycho_Sackboy

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 05:16:23 AM »
Absolutely fantastic! It works like a charm! Thank you so much - its amazing how these things work! That is another reason I joined this form I am absolutely mystified by the science of these things! Definitely dipped the dev! You have made my day! I was thinking about bed but now I am thinking of a bit of Animal Forest!  :D ;D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:18:15 AM by Psycho_Sackboy »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
Great, thanks!

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 08:00:32 PM »
Is rogue squadron playable using gliden64 if so what setting

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 06:45:33 AM »
No. It's not playable due to unemulated microcodes.