Author Topic: Bilinear Filtering Option  (Read 46442 times)

Offline King3

• byte
    • View Profile
Bilinear Filtering Option
« on: January 02, 2017, 09:18:22 AM »
Request to add option to disable the bilinear filtering, right now there is only n64 3 point & standard. It would be nice to play and see the game in its purest form before it hits all the filters that smooths out its imperfections.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Bilinear Filtering Option
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 05:55:20 PM »
The 3 point filter is what actually the N64 uses. If you disable it completely, it won't look like anything that the N64 produces.

Offline King3

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 08:49:17 PM »
I've seen a screenshot of mario 64 without any filters on it and the pixelation look to me personally looks timeless, it gives 3d games kindof a snes retro pixel look.

Offline amdradeon

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 07:21:30 PM »
Id love some settings to remove the the filtering the N64 uses. Similar to how the Gameshark codes can remove one step of the filter but the HDMI kit does the best and removes the most offending filter with a algorithm. Forgive me not remembering the exact names. But I saw the My Life in Gaming and love the HDMI kits removal of that stuff

Zelda removal
https://youtu.be/qpy1M6v2_MI?t=14m59s

Comparison on HDMI N64 filtering to CRT and PVM
https://youtu.be/qpy1M6v2_MI?t=18m49s

Personally I love CRT-Pi Retroarch shader for Android with 15 or 20 screen curvature setting . Have it running on my PS1 in Retroarch and looks fantastic

What are the chances Crt-Pi can be implemented or a scanline shader? I love Mupen64PLus FZ and cannot run the n64 retroarch cores that are good to use that with my old galaxy S5, but Mupen64Plus FZ runs flawlessly. It just really needs a simple shader and Crt-Pi is lightweight and looks great and I think wont even need the removal of N64 inherent filters to look great with

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 12:10:38 AM »
I think shaders would be nice to implement, but it requires time and there are still many things that I'm working on that in mind take priority. Also, amdradeon, you are talking about the whole screen filter while King3 was talking about texture filtering.

Offline amdradeon

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 11:55:26 PM »
I wasn't sure what the King3 was mentioning about specifically I assumed it was referring the the Ultra HDMI "VI DeBlur" of the screen and somehow remembered that being referred to as bilinearing smearing. And was agreeing that would be cool, not sure if it's documented though. I'm running old Galaxy S5 so personally I won't be able to run it anyway

But FZ runs excellent on my S5 with 320x240 but on my 50" TV so really would love some scanlines and some screen curviture that don't effect performance much

Keep up the good work!

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 02:29:11 PM »
Request to add option to disable the bilinear filtering, right now there is only n64 3 point & standard. It would be nice to play and see the game in its purest form before it hits all the filters that smooths out its imperfections.

You can try with the Native resolution factor set to 1x in gliden64 that do the game looks more pixelated (need create a custom profile for edit the options)