Author Topic: compatible game list  (Read 44949 times)

Offline Tsukuyomi

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: compatible game list
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 07:46:38 PM »
Can I post details here??
Zelda oot master quest have some issues a such:
Pause screen takes almost one minute to open after pressed
and have flickering textures on ground of the field
sometimes it lags at overpopulated places. e.g. Kokiri Forest

Offline Uthar

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 06:06:16 PM »
Sure you can :) What video plugin / settings gave you the best results?

Offline pirohmaniac

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 01:57:46 AM »
Try the Glide video plugin, it helps a lot. The pause menu shouldn't be taking that long to open, three seconds at the most for me.

But really this has been answered here already http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=765.msg7343#msg7343

Offline asdfsaur

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 08:26:40 AM »
Body harvest "works", but you wont be able to even complete the first level  :'(. In case you don't know about Body harvest, it's one of the best games the N64 has to offer.

Not a single emulator can emulate Body harvest properly. They all have this problem.
Think of it as a challenge/oportunity for you guys :D. This could be the very first emulator that makes Body harvest playable until the end of the game.

Checking the problem by yourself will require just 1 minute of gameplay:

As you start playing, keep walking forward untill you find a house next to a drawbridge and a green truck, then try to go up the stairs the house has on one of its sides and see what happens.

You won't get past the third part of the first level because of this.

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 10:17:14 AM »
It could be an opportunity if any of us on the team had the skills needed to debug the core.  You might have better luck posing the challenge to Richards team. :P
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
Richard is the lead developer for the core Mupen64Plus project: https://bitbucket.org/richard42
Discussion group here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mupen64plus
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline asdfsaur

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 05:53:20 PM »
Thank you guys! I hope I can draw the attention from a dev in the google group  ;D

Offline Kenshin2k

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 09:02:07 AM »
I want to contribute some stuff

Snowboard Kids run best with gles2glide64 and an resolution of 640x480
Other plugins Works too but are way less performant in the later stages... Some Slowdowns will Still occur , but the game itself
Was Rather weird with its framerate on the n64

Mario Party works good with gles2n64, but some mini games have visibility problems.. in the Game where You actually Should search
For the Hidden Threasure, the threasure is visible :D

Yoshis Story works really good with gles2glide

international superstar Soccer 2000 works not good :( with default Settings the camera ingame is totally Screwed up.. with other plugins the Game works but textures are a mess... menus are Working with All plugins

Mace The Dark Age - all plugins except for gless2glide have text problems, but the other plugins are running way better

But i Have a question About smash brothers.. i Know that gles2rice should be the one to go, but i Have weird flickering :(..
I saw It rather flawless on Youtube and the guy had no Errors.. Has this gone Worse with the latest Version or am i missing something..

Also Mystical Ninja is considered As Working here? I only have 12-15 fps :( it Works but Slooow

Excitebike 64 - Sadly not working

Thx for your Effort.. this is the Reason I bought an ouya, love the performance on many games

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 09:17:27 AM »
But i Have a question About smash brothers.. i Know that gles2rice should be the one to go, but i Have weird flickering :(..
I saw It rather flawless on Youtube and the guy had no Errors.. Has this gone Worse with the latest Version or am i missing something..

I'll do some version comparisons to see.  To be honest I haven't had a lot of time for testing on the OUYA lately (other than a few sanity checks before publishing updates) so it is very possible a regression slipped through the cracks without me noticing it.  My wife and son play Smash Bros all the time on there, so I know it has worked very well in the past at least.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline Kenshin2k

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 09:26:12 AM »
No problems :-)  i will play a lot n64 ouya in the next months and will report best Settings or problems :-)

Thx for the fast Answer

EDIT: Another compatibility update on majoras mask (which i am currently playing through)..

When you get the notepad from the bomber gang, only gles2glide64 displays it correctly. In all other plugins nothing will be displayed.. Perhaps this will help others playing the game ;)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:28:37 AM by Kenshin2k »

Offline Kenshin2k

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 02:33:20 PM »
Snowboard Kids 2 runs awesome on gles2rice... Really fullspeed in most courses :) way better than The first one

Offline Uthar

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2013, 03:09:16 PM »
It has been a while since I updated the list, currently I'm using the Ouya mostly for xbmc. But I just added the feedback from Kenshin2k to the list.

Offline Kenshin2k

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:03 AM »
I have another bunch of tests i have done!!

• Buck Bumble - works best with gles2glide, nearly at fullspeed. Other plugins play at full speed but are too dark and have texture problems (flickering)
  • Fifa 99 crashes on gles2glide. Gles2n64 works but unplayable because of glitching players. Gles2rice has also glitching players but i would say its at least playable at a good speed
  • Hybrid Heaven - works awesome on gles2rice, even with ingame hires textures
  • Mario Golf - works but ingame many graphical glitches occure.. Its no fun that way. Gles2Rice ist the best option, but yeah.. ^^ no fun with all the glitches
  • Resident Evil 2 - not really working, no sound, the menue works best with rice, but crashed when you start the game. Too rule out a bad rom i will try another later
  • Starcraft 64 - Works really good on gles2rice , but the menues are a bit glitching. On gles2glide everything works but the framerate is bad.. So go for rice at best
  • Turok 1 and 2 works nearly perfect on gles2rice. Funny that the first one works a little bit worse with glitches when you turn around, but still playable very good

EDIT:

one important update i ran into a few days ago..

Mario party 3 has a game breaker with gles2rice
The Mini Game "Coconut Conk" glitches and the game will be screwed.. It happend to me in the last round of our multiplayer session..really bad :(

The only solution i can see is to make a save state when this game occure and switch to gles2glide (which has slow downs but at least make the game work correct), and after that switch back to gles2rice.. I hope i can prevent some broken mario party 3 sessions with this info!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:51:59 AM by Kenshin2k »

Offline CourageousTuna

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 10:29:06 PM »
It seems that Harvest Moon 64 runs, but is damn near unplayable. Also, Star Wars: Epsidoe 1 - Racer is unplayable too.

Offline Kenshin2k

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2014, 01:44:09 PM »
I play the pla version of harvest moon 64
I have no issues so far...