Author Topic: buggy  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Clint wat

• bit
    • View Profile
buggy
« on: December 24, 2011, 01:57:03 PM »
I have the most current version of expieria available, good job on the emu. But first,the emu has texture issues in spots when playing many games such as zelda or crusin usa.  Secon :'(d,The sound is very choppy and slow. Third,when disabling the expeiria touch pad some games allow no control at all I like the old school cross bar control. For a dollar and considering your going to keep the updates flowing in im very pleased. Merry christmas,or whatever it may be for you.B-)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
Re: buggy
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
Thanks for the bug report.  Specifically, the buttons should not become disabled when you disable the touchpad.  I'll look into that (anyone else with the Xperia Play version experience this bug as well?)

With regards to the audio glitches, that is related to laggy emulation.  As optimizations are added over time, performance will improve, and the audio glitches will decrease or go away entirely depending on the scene being rendered and the hardware it is being rendered on.

With regards to the game-specific graphics glitches, yes there are many.  Getting the Rice plugin up to speed and running smoothly will fix a lot of them, but that is only a start.  I will begin tackling these one at a time (there are a LOT of games, though, so it will take a lot of time and many will never be fixed).  I'm hoping some more developers will come on board this project or Kris's in the future (or start their own open-source branches), since this is a fairly daunting task to be tackled by two developers alone (I'm not nearly as skilled with GLES as Kris, either, so its more like 1.25 developers, haha).  I'll start with the more common games like the two Zeldas and Conkers, and branch out from there.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline ILoveRobots

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: buggy
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »
I'm getting this problem.