Author Topic: HTC one FPS  (Read 31412 times)

Offline jnewbern

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: HTC one FPS
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2013, 10:07:13 PM »
Thanks for the speedy responses you two :). So yeah going through all the previous versions might be a bit time consuming for me :( But i will be sure to let you know if i start to tackle it. I did try out super smash bros and super mario 64 in 2.3.4 and got 30-60 fps and 28-30 fps respectively. They both run great and that makes me super happy :).

So for zelda oot concerning the issue with link looking like he is sunken ankle deep into the road in kokiri village? is this a known issue? He looks fine running over the green part but looks suken in on the road/paths. Sorry i wish i could take a screen shot for you but I dont know how.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2013, 10:15:19 PM »
That foot-sinking behavior could be related to polygon offset.  You might try tinkering with the "Flicker reduction" setting (In video settings).  If you find one that works better, let me know.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »
If you ever want to take a screenshot, hold down the power and volume-down buttons at the same time.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2013, 10:19:10 PM »
Also, if none of the profiles work well, try this build: http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=1179.0
Set profile to custom and mess around with the value until you get something that looks decent

Offline jnewbern

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2013, 05:13:38 PM »
Well Paul I went through and tested all the versions from 2.2.1 to 2.3.4. I found that when I got back to version 2.3.4 I was not able to recreate the slow downs i was initially seeing. I can only assume the whole issue was user error on my part. Before I did all the testing I was sure to reboot the phone and make sure nothing extraneous was running. I have been trying other emulators and been forced to switch between moga pivot and the universal moga drivers and have noticed that sometimes the force close of pivot doesnt always work and ends up causing funky things to happen. My best guess is i was having some resource draining conflicts between the two when I first was seeing the slow downs.

On another note I tried the different flicker reduction profiles but none of the fixed the issue with the paths in kokiri village. The different profiles did raise or lower the path but none of them hit the mark just right. So I will try the build xperia recommended and try some custom values.

I have also noticed the eyes and mouths of certain characters in super smash brothers are missing. Is this because of the polygon offset also? Perhaps the mouths and eyes are being drawn underneath the skin?