Author Topic: Gles2glide64 plugin orientation issue  (Read 32607 times)

Offline scorpio16v

• long
    • View Profile
Re: Gles2glide64 plugin orientation issue
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2014, 11:33:22 PM »
Is this bug still there in the actual N5 fw ?
As I understand, the same rotation bug was fixed in Dolphin emulator with Qualcomm driver v.66.
At least, on my Xperia Z1c, the bug in Dolphin and MP64+ was fixed with the fw update and driver v.66. So other Qualcomm based devices with newer updates should have the fix now.

Offline artorias

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Yes, in my Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 still is the bug
┐How did you update to that driver? did you flash it in a rooted device, or did it come with some OTA update?

Offline scorpio16v

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2014, 03:10:44 PM »
The driver was updated in the latest stock firmware some weeks ago.
I thought the N5 has the v66 driver too, because the lg g2 has it.

Offline artorias

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2014, 07:06:44 AM »
I emailed Qualcomm support, and after a few questions, the guy told me it must be fixed in the next update fot the Nexus 5, as the bug was identified and fixed some months ago, and some devices such as Nexus 4 have already received the fix

Offline tigershark160

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2014, 11:03:30 PM »
That's really great news... Any idea of when perhaps that could happen? Or about every how often do those updates happen?

Offline asturias3636

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2014, 02:08:56 PM »
This error will be fixed in drivers following android 4.4.3 OTA? Supposedly coming out on May 23
Nexus7 2013 android 5.0.1 lollipop.Adreno 320 and Snapdragon S4 pro.
Motorola Moto G android 4.4.4 kitkat.Adreno 305 and Snapdragon 400.

Offline Snowball

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2014, 04:11:06 AM »
Hi there,

my first post here. :)

I have a Nexus 5 + SuperN64 emulator + Majora's Mask (best game ever IMHO)

Leaving plugin as default I got of flickering problems in the town (I'm still at the begin of the game).
I heard that this problems is fixed changing the plugin to "gles2glide64" but as soon as I change it, I'm getting the orientation issue too.

My post here just to ask: have they fixed this issue yet?
Thanks!

Offline artorias

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
It's a matter of days/weeks that the OTA with the fix comes.
But if you really want to play Majora's now, you can try N64oid, it runs fine in that emulator, although the dev stopped working in it in 2012 and it has much fewer options and customization than Mupen64.

IMPORTANT: In newer Android versions, the game wont start when you load it, you have to enter the menu, then return to the game, and it will start.

N64oid can't be found on Google Play, you can still purchase it on SlideME. It was witdrawn for Google Play for using open source code to make a paid app.

N64oid was a nice emulator, and it was better than Mupen64 a couple of years ago, as it had the advantage of being closed source and a paid app, but as soon as N64oid stopped updatting, Mupen64 took over and got better in most aspects.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2014, 09:25:53 PM »
I don't get the orientation issue on Fire TV when using Glide.
Maybe it is because of an app I got that forces it to be landscape for apps like 1mobile market.

One thing that N64oid has Mupen64Plus AE and the faster SuperN64 4.0 (no longer in play store) beat on is instant access to cheats for enabling and disabling them without needing to exit the game.
I have Mupen64Plus AE Free and the also free SuperN64 on my Fire TV,and they can run quite well at 1080P and with HQ4X enhancement.
Just wished that Banjo-Tooie would run crashless and in unga cave,and that DK64 had working collisions.

Paul,could you please add in the option to access cheats in-game?
Maybe even to the further extreme,you can be the first on android to make it possible to edit cheats in real-time!

I also hope you can find the same kind of speed increases that the SuperN64 and CoolN64 devs got.
CoolN64 fails to run correctly for me though,just returns to the menu after trying to load a game.
Maybe there is a conflict with the multiple emulators based on mupen being installed on the same device?

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2014, 09:35:01 PM »
SuperN64 is written by a douchebag.  I wouldn't use that emulator even if you think it's faster.  They just took the mupen64plus ae source code and slapped ads on it, and failed to release the source code.  As far as I can tell it's just the source code from an older version of mupen64plus ae.  If it truly is faster, that would indicate either a regression in code (possible) or you aren't using the same settings in both apps (more likely).

If you want a real alternative to mupen64plus ae, try retroarch.  Their devs are really hard working, release all the source code as soon as it's written, and never ask for a penny in return.  They're also talented devs and have fixed a lot of bugs, so you might get better results with some games.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »
The Fire TV uses a sucky Qualcomm Adreno processor that can't run most of the cool apps because of major compatibility/stability issues.
Most of the problem is likely caused by being on a custom Android ROM.
What proves that Qualcomm initially sucks is that somebody had to make their own custom driver for it just to make it function better (freedreno).
Read about all the trouble that the Dolphin Emulator for Android has with Qualcomm chips and you'll get my point.

I already tried the stable version of retroarch and it sucks for N64 because it is much slower than all other renditions of mupen and lacks analog input mapping for keyboard users,as does Reicast.

The later unofficial RetroArch builds are virtually unusable to me because the inputs failed to work at all.
They should fix it where the normal controls work on the in-game settings GUI instead of forcing the gamepad inputs.
They also lack specific control mappings for each system like the C buttons for N64.

Offline artorias

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »
The new OTA with the 4.4.3 update is finally out!
It will arrive gradually to the devices in the following days.
According to Qualcomm staff this will fix the bug, I will confirm this as soon as the OTA arrives to my NEXUS 5, but that should be it.

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2014, 03:16:52 AM »
No change with 4.4.3 it still uses the v53 driver for whatever reason :-(
the only thing I have noticed is the screen contrast is higher now making the screen slightly darker.

Offline asturias3636

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2014, 09:49:36 AM »
have not corrected the flaw in android 4.4.3?? :(
Nexus7 2013 android 5.0.1 lollipop.Adreno 320 and Snapdragon S4 pro.
Motorola Moto G android 4.4.4 kitkat.Adreno 305 and Snapdragon 400.