Author Topic: Anyway to get djipi's oot 2011 to work with gles2rice?/ gles2rice hearts bug  (Read 2789 times)

Offline DUNKL3Y

• bit
    • View Profile
Hello All,

So I was wondering if there is anyway to get oot 2011 to work with gles2rice. Currently I'm using the 2009 version. As I'm sure you already know oot 2011 only works with the glide64 plugin, which on ae does not support textures yet.

Also there's seems to be a glitch with gles2rice in which it doesn't show the current heart that Link is on, even if it's full. (See screenshot)

Anyway thanks in advance. Keep up the good work! Looking forward  to future updates. I'm using a samsung galaxy note at&t version if that helps at all.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
The missing heart is a known issue.  We will probably include the fix in the next update.  Rice still doesn't render the arrow indicators in the mini-map however.

Someone else just asked about the glide texture support yesterday:
http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=1317.0
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline DUNKL3Y

• bit
    • View Profile
Wow thanks for the fast reply! That was really unexpected.

I actually read that post and I was looking for some assistance beyond that. Is there anything that I can do to get it to work. Additionally the equip screen doesn't show and image of link when using gles2rice, instead showing a scrambled image... I apologize if that is a known issue as well...

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
If you're a developer, you could work on porting the hi-res texture code for glide.  But there's nothing that can be done from a user's perspective.
OUYA, retail version

Offline DUNKL3Y

• bit
    • View Profile
I see.. well thank you. Unfortunately I'm not a developer...

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
This seems like something we might be able to motivate Sven to work on (he seems to be a long-time proponent of Glide64, from various threads in emulation circles, plus the fact that he ported the x86 assembly components to C, making gles2glide64 possible in the first place).  I'll reach out to him and see how he feels about it.  Of course Kris would be the other person who has the skills to accomplish it.  We're a little tight on cash at the moment, but when things settle down I'll replenish the donations cash pot to use for rewarding talented devs to help out with these kinds of features.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
Sounds good.
OUYA, retail version