Author Topic: Zelda OOT Pause menu background  (Read 3797 times)

Offline baizen

• byte
    • View Profile
Zelda OOT Pause menu background
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:02:37 PM »
I have been experiencing all sorts of odd glitches when pausing zelda OOT.
When running it with gles2n64 and gles2glide the background textures go all rainbow-like and with gles2rice the background goes crazy and hard to describe.

With gles2n64 and glide it looks like this:

this is right after unpausing the game, before the game goes back to normal

And this is what I get with rice

The screenshot doesn't capture it well, but outside of the menu rectangles it's like a perpetual vortex where the edges of the rectangles keep appearing. Also the rupees look weird.

I only experience this on my Asus Transformer prime (Tegra 3). I tried replicating it with the Galaxy Note 3 and it worked fine.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T
Asus Transformer Prime

Offline Blizzard64

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Zelda OOT Pause menu background
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 01:50:23 PM »
I have the same problem but only in Glide :-\ . The framebuffer is there but it has "rainbow textures".
The framenbuffer in the menu background of Majora's Mask appears after 10 seconds and the Pictograph Box also doesn't work anymore.
I think the "bias factor build" was the last version of Glide where the framebuffers worked on MM and OoT (on my device).

(Gpu: Adreno 205)

Edit: Link's Sword/Shield/Boots/etc. status framebuffer and the Bomber's Notebook works fine (Only in Glide)
Edit2: And for some reason the motion blur effect in Majora's Mask also doesn't work anymore. It just lags terribly.

Offline baizen

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 02:14:46 PM »
I only get it with OOT though, MM runs fine
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900T
Asus Transformer Prime

LecktheTech

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »
I have the same problem in OOT and MM and in MM when i use the lens of truth in MM it does the same thing.

Offline Tsukuyomi

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »
There is a problem with rice when using custom textures.
You can't press start because when you are exiting the pause menu. The game crashes, making this game unplayable with custom textures.
Anyway the background have the same effects as above... And that doesn't bother me much...