Author Topic: WWF No Mercy is Lagging ? + Some Suggestions  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Dream_Works

• byte
    • View Profile
WWF No Mercy is Lagging ? + Some Suggestions
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »
I purchased the application today
This is a nice emulator although it has some bugs >>> but I think this emulator will be an amazing one in the later versions

WWF No Mercy is laggy and I don't know what are the best video and audio plugins for it ?
When do you think the next version will be released ? 

Some Suggestions :

1- Restore Defaults Choice
2- In The main screen the back button must not close the application
3- Forbidding the user from assigning the same button more than once in the controller configuration >>> Ex : When the player assign the button at the second time the First assignment is removed automatically
4- I hope that you put the picture of N64 gamepad in your website and put the code for each button on it  >>> this will be helpful

Regards

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
Re: WWF No Mercy is Lagging ? + Some Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 07:26:55 PM »
WWF No Mercy is laggy and I don't know what are the best video and audio plugins for it ?
There is only one audio plugin at the moment.  I'm not sure on the video plug-in, though.. anyone else know if WWF does better with gles2rice? (my initial thought is that Rice would be slower, but that may not be the case)

When do you think the next version will be released ? 
I will release it within the next couple days (I just need to add support for USB Joystick first).  However this update will not address lag or graphics issues yet.  The following update will address lag and stability (I can't give a specific time-line on that update though, because I will be implementing a fairly large optimization which could end up taking a couple weeks or more to finish).

1- Restore Defaults Choice
Excellent idea, I'll add this.

2- In The main screen the back button must not close the application
Hmm..  I'm not sure I agree that would be expected normal behavior.   I could see myself wondering why the button is not responding.  Perhaps a dialog that says something like "press back again to exit"?

3- Forbidding the user from assigning the same button more than once in the controller configuration >>> Ex : When the player assign the button at the second time the First assignment is removed automatically
I could see situations where it would be useful to have multiple functions assigned to one button (perhaps such scenarios are not common).  I'll put this one up to a vote.

4- I hope that you put the picture of N64 gamepad in your website and put the code for each button on it  >>> this will be helpful
The virtual gamepad skins that come with Mupen64Plus AE do not have buttons with SDL scancodes - the buttons act as native N64 controller buttons.  There is, however, a syntax for SDL keys, so if this is something that would be useful to you, I'd recommend creating your own gamepad skin.  I've documented how in this thread.  If you like the way one of the layouts looks now, you could use the existing images and color masks, and just do some minor edits to the pad.ini file to turn the buttons into SDL keys instead of native N64 controller buttons.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline VioletLinked

• byte
  • Hia! I'm Violet! LG optimus S sucks! (lagfest!)
    • View Profile
    • VioletLinked Zone
Re: WWF No Mercy is Lagging ? + Some Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:10:36 PM »
anyone else know if WWF does better with gles2rice? (my initial thought is that Rice would be slower, but that may not be the case)
[/quote]

Very laggy, video bugs. Crashes later.
-VioletLinked

----------------

Device: LG Optimus S
CPU: Single core, MSM7627, 600 MHz
GPU: 600 MHz
RAM: 256MB or 512 MB (IDK)
Resolution: 320 x 480 pixels
Rom: Stock 2.3.
----------------