Author Topic: Trigger button issue with wired Xbox 360 controller on Chromebook Plus  (Read 37637 times)

Offline EmulationEnthusiast

• bit
    • View Profile
 I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum - I just downloaded the Mupen64Plus FZ edition android app for my Samsung Chromebook Plus, and it has quickly become my favorite N64 emulator of all time - thank you so much for your continued updates!  There is only one slight problem - The wired Xbox 360 controller I am using works nearly flawlessly, but the controller profile screen won't let me map the two trigger keys (below the L and R buttons near the top of the controller) despite said trigger keys being recognized on the controller diagnostic screen.  I was wondering if there is a deficiency in the controller or if there is an option in the app itself that I need to activate?  Thank you so much for your assistance!

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Hello, I have heard of this same problem reported to me before. Unfortunately, it's hard to debug since I don't have a chromebook or a Xbox 360 controller.

Are by any chance the axis that you see in the diagnostic screen called "AXIS_Z" or "AXIS_RZ"? We are intentionally ignoring these for some reason.

• bit
    • View Profile
Hello!  Thank you so much for your response - I just checked the diagnostic tool again, and the left and right triggers are registering  as AXIS_LTRIGGER (gamepad) +1 and AXIS_RTRIGGER (gamepad) +1 respectively.  I did some comparisons, and they appear to be mappable in Mupen64Plus AE, but not in Mupen64Plus FZ Edition.  Thank you again for your help!

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Ok, that's very interesting. That's going to mean that we won't recognize the axis correctly since the chromebook 360 controller driver is treating axis differently.

Can you try this test build and let me know if it fixes the issue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B57Ioy26LWegWUxNaDBTZGZzNkU/view?usp=sharing

• bit
    • View Profile
Hello!  Thank you for the APK - I will get back to you on Wednesday or Thursday, as I had to exchange the controller anyway because of an unrelated analog stick-drift issue.  I will run the diagnostic tool again and see if I can map the two trigger keys.  Thank you again for your help!

• bit
    • View Profile
Hello!  I apologize for my severely belated response - I just checked out the APK you sent me - it seems like it doesn't recognize the L and R triggers during the mapping process either, but still registers them on the diagnostics screen. 

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Do you have a regular Android device to test with? Can you check if the triggers work there?