Author Topic: Low performance and crashes on OnePlus 2  (Read 137 times)

Offline RLBRETRU.

• bit
    • View Profile
Low performance and crashes on OnePlus 2
« on: July 11, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
I have been testing several games in different emulation profiles. Initially I expected all of them to work fine with minimal configuration, since my device is pretty decent GPU and CPU wise, but it required a lot of time for each game to run at just 30 fps. Glide64 seemed to work the best for me, and rendered resolution didn't seem to make much difference at all. But now I can play most games, except for one; The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. It runs at 17 really unstable fps at best, with a lot of audio stuttering, and it seems to drop in performance as I play, which is weird.
Also, the GlideN64 core in GLES 3.0 and 3.1 configuration crashes instantly when I try to run any game. My device certainly supports everything it needs to support in order to run those profiles, and if you tweak a bunch of settings it does run games, but at really bad framerates.
I would be grateful if someone could help me with any of these two problems.

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Low performance and crashes on OnePlus 2
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »
Most of the games work at 30 fps only a few work at 60 fps, in the case of Zelda OOT and Majoras Mask those 2 work at 20fps in NTSC (USA) or 17 in PAL (EUR)

Offline RLBRETRU.

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 03:03:32 PM »
Most of the games work at 30 fps only a few work at 60 fps, in the case of Zelda OOT and Majoras Mask those 2 work at 20fps in NTSC (USA) or 17 in PAL (EUR)
But when I emulate those games (as a matter of fact any N64 game) on my PC I am able to get 60+ fps. Obviously I couldn't possibly get to those framerates on my phone, but I don't get why the framerate is capped at the limitations of the original hardware either.
And regarding my second issue, żdo you have any idea of why the crashes occur?

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 03:51:16 PM »
In pc emulators the speed is measured differently, I think there is an option to show the speed in fps but right now I do not remember where, as for the problem with gliden64 a little time ago I also had that problem and Francisco sent me a version Modified of the emulator in which the problem was fixed, by the way are you using the latest version of the emulator of play store?

Offline fzurita

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 12:10:15 AM »
It sounds like you are using an older version. Try the latest fin the play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mupen64plusae.v3.fzurita

Offline RLBRETRU.

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 03:26:29 AM »
In pc emulators the speed is measured differently, I think there is an option to show the speed in fps but right now I do not remember where, as for the problem with gliden64 a little time ago I also had that problem and Francisco sent me a version Modified of the emulator in which the problem was fixed, by the way are you using the latest version of the emulator of play store?
It sounds like you are using an older version. Try the latest fin the play store:

newbielink:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.mupen64plusae.v3.fzurita [nonactive]
I am using the latest non-beta version, so not FZ but AE. Also, I am not using the Play Store version but the one that you can download from this forum in "Auto Builds".
Also, I have tried the beta version and the performance was way worse in the profile I want to use, GlideN64. I want to use it because of the widescreen hack.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 03:29:28 AM by RLBRETRU. »

Offline fzurita

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
For GLideN64, I recommend reducing the resolution to 640x480. The later versions of GLideN64 have higher system requirements, but you can play around with creating custom GLideN64 profiles to increase performance. I would recommend you go with the FZ version, the AE version is WAY out of date.