Author Topic: Majora's Mask - Mupen64Plus FZ  (Read 2201 times)

Offline crab cakes

• bit
    • View Profile
Majora's Mask - Mupen64Plus FZ
« on: July 25, 2017, 04:09:37 AM »
Hi,

I recently played OOT on the Glide64 video plug in. Throughout the game it was basically 100% accurate. Towards the end after I think I got a Play Store update, there were parts of the game that would slow down to 6~ FPS. It wasn't too much of a problem as I almost finished the game, it was the cut scene when older Link meets Zelda in The Temple of Time, the cut scene of Zelda escaping Hyrule town on a horse and Gannon following and the ending credits when younger Link meets Zelda and the game ends.
So I didn't bother trying to fix it.

So now that I am playing Majora's Mask, I am getting similar problems. When I am Deku Link and blow a bubble, it slows down to 3-6 FPS, some cut scenes slow down making certain parts of the game unplayable.

Any idea there if there is a setting or settings that I can change and fix this slow down?

I tried other video plug ins such as Rice, but they are all not as accurate as Glide64, missing cut scenes, strange looking textures etc. Gliden64 actually works not too bad but still I think it isn't as accurate as Glide64, such as random texture artefacts showing up randomly.

Surely there is a way I can fix this? I reckon some of the last updates did it but I don't actually know. Surely there is a settings I can change to fix it up?

Thanks,

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Majora's Mask - Mupen64Plus FZ
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:39:17 PM »
Disable the smart frame buffer option in glide64 I think that's the cause the slowdown, although this disables various effects like the pause menu and pictographic box, by the way Gliden64 emulates more accurate this game.

Offline Nato

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 01:57:15 PM »
For a quick fix, adjust the game resolution down to around 800 x 600.

If you are using Glide64, try adjusting the max frameskip option or like Sobziiro said disable the smart frame buffer.

Try using the GLideN64 Fast profile and adjust / disable the frame buffer settings.

Offline crab cakes

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:27:44 AM »
So I will have to disable frame buffer setting which will cause some things like the pictographic box to not work correctly will it?

I was hoping it would stay as accurate as it has been.
I felt it wasn't a problem before an update, was it and I only noticed it until now?

Gliden works well but it has random slow downs(requiring me to restart the emulator) and random graphic glitches like randomly blackness on walls.
Are the video plug ins the newest versions? If not can I update them myself or only when mupen64 is updated on the play store they'll update?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:16:01 AM by crab cakes »

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »
Yes the smart framebuffer disable the effect of motion blur of some scenes and the reflection of bubble when you are deku link, actually when disable  smart frame buffer the pictobox camera is still working but not displayed correctly.

Offline crab cakes

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »
Yeah it seems to work just it instead shows a psydellic photo lol.

It's not too bad now I suppose.
You can't add plug ins or update manually can you? I need to wait as the program itself is updated?

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »
Unfortunately you can not update the plugins manually, when updating the emulator normally the latest version of gliden64 is added, with gliden64 you have tried to disable the noise emulation option if I do not remember this option causes slowdowns in several games.

Someone else froze the game after the screen of Press Start or after talking with the seller of happy masks,  I fix it but I do not know if it just happens to me since I have not seen any post about this problem.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:49:01 AM by Sobziiro »

Offline crab cakes

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 08:16:15 AM »
Ah I see. Is gliden64 still in beta?

Also.do all the plugins update with each update or do they only update glide64?

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 01:10:19 PM »
Yes, gliden64 is still in beta, as for the other plugins only glide64 is updated from time to time, Rice and Gln64 are no longer updated for a long time and are only maintained for compatibility with less powerful devices.

Offline crab cakes

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »
How come the other plugins aren't updated? Does it require the program it self to be changed with plugin update?

I thought continually updating the plug ins would improve game play and functionality?

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 01:08:53 PM »
If the plugins are not updated there is not much that can be done since Francico makes the port of the changes of those plugins to the version of android and as I mentioned long ago that are not updated, maybe gln64 can be replaced by the version Z64 ( A more recent version of gln64) but I do not know if Francico has thought to add it, the most that can be done is to find the appropriate configurations for the games by modifying the settings of the plugins.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:00:25 PM by Sobziiro »