Author Topic: Mupen64Plus FZ has a black bar at the bottom  (Read 1662 times)

Offline looloo86

• bit
    • View Profile
Mupen64Plus FZ has a black bar at the bottom
« on: September 06, 2017, 11:22:25 PM »
I am running Mupen64Plus FZ on my Nvidia Shield TV. I've tested Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time and they both have a black bar at the bottom if I am using GlideN64-Accurate. However, when I switch to Gln64-Accurate the black bar is gone. The thing is, I want to use HD Textures for Ocarina of Time and that only works with GlideN64-Accurate.

So basically, is there a way to get rid of the black bar with GlideN64-Accurate without switching over Gln64-Accurate?

Thanks

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Mupen64Plus FZ has a black bar at the bottom
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 01:43:30 AM »
Are you sure you are not using GlideN64 fast profile? because with that profile shows the errors you describe, use the profile GlideN64 medium or make sure you have the option Emulate frame and / or depth buffer in the plugin settings (you need to copy and edit the profile to access the settings) you can also try the Rice video profile to load the textures but the latter does not emulate the frame buffer effects.

Check this post
https://www.reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAndroid/comments/6y5k05/need_help_on_mupen64plusfz/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:50:30 AM by Sobziiro »

Offline looloo86

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 04:13:12 PM »
No, I was defintiely using the GlideN64 Accurate profile. The funny thing is, when I switched to GlideN64 Fast profile, the black bar is gone. So the opposite of what you said was true :)

So now, what exactly is the difference between Fast and Accurate? I would assume that Accurate would give me better graphics, so I would like to stick with that and get rid of the black bar on bottom. Medium also gives me the black bar on the bottom. Only Fast gives me complete full screen.

I can also create the black bar on bottom for Fast if I enable the widescreen hack.

Also, depth buffer was already enabled.

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 05:52:47 PM »
It is strange, normally the profile Accurate and Medium do not usually have that problem until now I had only seen the problem that you mentioned with the version Fast.

The difference between the Fast and Accurate profile is basically that fast effects are disabled such as emulation of noise, depth and frame buffer effects (the latter in Zelda is necessary for the pause menu) with this games can run more fast but also some may not work well.

Offline looloo86

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 06:15:53 PM »
Yeah, for some reason the opposite is happening to me. Well I guess now we know that Accurate has something enabled that is causing the black bar at the bottom. Have any idea what that could be?

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 11:30:02 PM »
In the reddit Fzurita mentions that one of the solutions is to activate the option Emulate Frame buffer (but this option is activated by default in the Accurate profile) or activate the option Force gamma correctio and leave it with the value in 10, also the author of the post mentions that when activating the option Fix uppside screen in the options of the emulator could fix partially the problem, if that does not work regret not to be able to help but since it does not occur to me that more it can cause that error.

Offline Nato

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »
Hello, just wondering if you've tried the Rice video plugin /Emulation profile?
It's capabble of Hi Res texture packs too..