Author Topic: Transfer save states between N64 emulators  (Read 376 times)

Offline andwan0

• bit
    • View Profile
Transfer save states between N64 emulators
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:43:58 AM »
I remember playing Zelda on MegaN64 (callmonstter's) emulator. Then found out it wouldn't even run Doom64. So I transferred Zelda game states over to Mupen64Plus FZ. Works fine. I am able to continue my Zelda game progress.

Now I find out that Mupen64+AE runs Zelda/Doom64 much smoother with higher framerates. I notice that Mupen64+AE is very very very similar to MegaN64 (internal folder structure, app menus, etc.) - so I assume it's all mupen-based and save states should work...

wrong... save states transferred don't work now.

Anyone know how I can get save states converted from Mupen64Plus FZ to Mupen64+AE.

Thanks!

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer save states between N64 emulators
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »
If I remember correctly I do not think save states are compatible between different versions of the emulator, I think it is best that you save in the game and pass the save file of the Fz version to the old version of Mupen64 + AE and from there you do the save states.

By the way it is not that they are similar in reality MegaN64 is the same Mupen64 + AE but with another name.

Offline Nato

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:28:24 PM »
Mupen64plus FZ should run Zelda and Doom64 a lot better than in the old +AE version, but it might depend on your device.

Have you adjusted the emulation profile settings in the FZ edition for improvements?
Because the default FZ settings are different from the +AE version.

Sometimes if you download more than one mupen based emulator there can be errors due to multiple mupen folders, and files stored in
one folder may be linked to a specific emulator.

I'm not sure if FZ savestates are compatible with the AE version, but maybe give this a try:

Back-up your savestates and settings from the mupen64plus-fz folder, then delete both Mupen64plus FZ & +AE apps and all their associated folders.
Reinstall your preferred version FZ / AE and import your savestates/settings into the folders.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:34:54 PM by Nato »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 01:48:42 PM »
Save states should be compatible, but they are just stored in different folders. The AE version stores everything in /sdcard/mupen64plus-ae. The FZ version stores everything in /sdcard/mupen64plus-fz/GameData/[Game name]

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:45:50 PM »
I did a test, try loading the save state from Fz version to AE version (I put it in the subfolder SlotSaves) but it did not work, it also does not load the automatic saves

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:47:43 PM »
You should try the copying the contents of the SramData folder.

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 12:38:33 AM »
Internal saves of the games (sra, fla etc) works but no the savestates transfered from Fz to Ae version