Author Topic: [BUG] (ANDROID) Hires textures not caching properly  (Read 1753 times)

Offline StixsmasterHD

• bit
    • View Profile
[BUG] (ANDROID) Hires textures not caching properly
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:13:11 PM »
Hi i am new here but have joined to report a bug i found with the Android version of mupen64.

I got the HD texture packs for zelda occorina of time and majoras mask properly extracted where needed in the files of it on my phone.

But the problem im having is no matter how small or large i set the cache size and dont have the .htc file for it. Ill launch the game and see it go threw all the hd texture files and itll then launch the game with them working perfectly but.

If i exit then look for the newly created .htc itll only for each game be like 45-49mb.

And if i try relaunching the games with those .htc files the graphix appear to be half the originel then half the HD.

Was wondering if and when a version may come out that makes it so if i set the cache size in settings to say 1024 itll actuelly cache that much textures if needed plz?

Also im using  standerd Samsung Galaxy S7. And yes im using gliden64 plugin

UPDATE: Guess i solved my problem messed around with settings to get RICE plugin to work for me
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:32:33 PM by StixsmasterHD »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG] (ANDROID) Hires textures not caching properly
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:51:51 PM »
Interesting, I'm not having any problems with GLideN64. Nothing should have changed in that aspect in GLideN64 for a long time.

What texture pack are you using?

Also, there are two caches. The first listed cache in GLideN64 is the video RAM texture cache. The second listed cache is b the RAM texture cache for loaded textures.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:54:18 PM by fzurita »

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:44:21 AM »
It is quite strange only I can think that it is using a different version of the rom and therefore does not completely load the textures, since I have a pack that weighs a little more than 450 Mb of cache and if it loads the great majority of the textures.

Edit 1: Ok I did a test and actually gliden64 does not completely save the texture cache now I only keep 85 mb of the previous 450 Mb.

Edit 2:Apparently the bug happens when minimizing the application while the emulator saves the texture cache, if kept active all textures are saved correctly.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 01:16:10 AM by Sobziiro »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 03:24:47 PM »
Ok, are you killing the application while the notification says its saving the texture cache? The notification will go away on its own when it's done saving the cache.

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 07:12:52 PM »
No, I only minimize it and after a few seconds (about 15 or 20) the notification closes automatically, I verify that by keeping the emulator active without closing or minimizing it correctly saves the cache, also note that before saving the emulator cache sends me to the main screen and in previous versions first the emulator kept the cache and when it finished I would send you to the main screen.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:32:29 PM »
Strange, the notification should let the emulator remain active even though it's in the background since it's a service. Do you have any apps the could be killing the service while the app is on the background?

Offline Sobziiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 02:21:12 PM »
No, I do not have any application like that, I'll try to send you the logcat by mail to see if you find something, I'll also try other smaller packs to see if the same thing happens.