Author Topic: Mupen64 Plus FZ  (Read 5948 times)

Offline Dr_Bunsen

• byte
    • View Profile
Mupen64 Plus FZ
« on: October 07, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »
I just installed Mupen64 Plus FZ on my Nvidia Shield Portable and speed seems good, even in Conker with GlideN64GLES2 at native resolution. However, I can't change the data location to the SD card (Shield is running Android 4.4.2). The parent folder will not allow access higher than /storage/emulated/0. Is this deliberate or can this be changed?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Mupen64 Plus FZ
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 02:30:15 PM »
It's deliberate. Even if we allowed setting it to that directory, NDK apps are unable to access the external sd card from Android 4.4 and up.

I do know of a solution, which is to copy the data from the sdcard to internal storage before starting up the core, but it will make game loading significantly slower.

Offline Dr_Bunsen

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 05:27:30 PM »
Ok, that's a shame, thanks for the reply anyway.

Offline NCarneiro

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:27:48 PM »
2 questions, any plan on supporting Vulkan in Mupen FZ? And this is the proper location to be asking about Mupen FZ?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 02:03:25 PM »
That will purely depend on the video plugin. So if a video plugin comes they did Vulkan and we import it, then yes.

Offline slayerkodi

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 06:22:46 AM »
Is netplay ever gonna be implemented for android?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 11:12:21 PM »
When the core adds support for netplay, I will bring it to Android as well. It's a lot of work trying to maintain the front end already.

Offline darth moule

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 07:27:59 AM »
Hi,
I am using this thread because my problem is similar to the first one. I can't change the save folder to my external SD (on a GPD XD with Skelton Legacy rom and rooted). I was able to do it using classic Muppen64 and I can do it with many other apps. In the folder selection menu, I can't reach \mnt, I am stucked at \...\emulated\0. I really don't get the thing about NDK and Android 4.4...
Anyway, that's still a great app, thanks for all the works :)