Author Topic: Mupen 64Plus Android - Transfer Paks - Ram setting not saved  (Read 515 times)

Offline Brantgaard

• bit
    • View Profile
Mupen 64Plus Android - Transfer Paks - Ram setting not saved
« on: January 31, 2020, 11:49:26 AM »
Dear Support,

Android Smartphone Honor 7X
Android Version 9.0
Mupen 64Plus Android 3.0.228-free

Since the update of the newest version of Mupen 64Plus it gives a new problem with the Player X RAM setting. It didn't save the setting. I choose for example the Pokemon Blue ROM and for RAM then the Pokemon Blue save file. I do what the tutorial says. Then I start Pokemon Stadium 2 and the Gameboy isn't to see. So I leave the game and go back into the settings. Into the ROM setting the Pokemon Blue is to see. But the RAM is empty again. So I change it again. But going back and enter the setting again and the RAM setting is empty again. So it didn't save this setting. In the last version this problem didn't exist.

A problem in the last version. I can't save any changes on the Gameboy Pokemon save file.
The Pokemon Gameboy game isn't playable into Stadium 2. So the Stadium 2 game is not useful in any kind at the moment.
Can you please fix that? Or I am the only one who use Pokemon Gameboy with Stadium 2 together?

Offline RomanCharmander

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: Mupen 64Plus Android - Transfer Paks - Ram setting not saved
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 10:37:55 AM »
I too am having this issue. Would love to get a fix.

Google Pixel 4XL
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:06:22 AM by RomanCharmander »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 04:52:48 PM »
The issue with the transfer pak RAM setting not saving was resolved in the latest version.

It's as known issue that transfer pak data is not getting updated. It was the same before the mayor update as well. I have not gotten around to fixing that though. It's not the highest priority at this point.

Offline Brantgaard

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 07:25:53 PM »
Hello @fzurita,
thank you for your support. And for your answers. The version 3.0.232-free from February 2 fix the transfer pak RAM setting bug. I can see now the pokémon blue GB save file into the setting. But the problem isn't solve with that. Pokémon stadium 2 don't find the Gameboy game. On the other side.

It's as known issue that transfer pak data is not getting updated. It was the same before the mayor update as well. I have not gotten around to fixing that though. It's not the highest priority at this point

Pokemon Stadium 2 is for me the only reason to use this emulator. Like I say. Before and at the moment it makes no sense to use it. But I understand that most of the user play other games and for this player it's important that the emulator works good. Then I will stop using the emulator. And see what the future holds.

Greetings,
Mathias

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 04:45:26 PM »
Ok, it's not my intention to break transfer pak support. I did not realize it was completely broken. I will address this in the next update.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 06:04:44 AM »
Ok, the issue you mentioned should be fixed now.

Offline Brantgaard

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 11:02:05 AM »
Hello @fzurita,

I can't believe my eyes. I did the update today and now the emulator can save the changes to the Gameboy  Pokemon games. This means that I can now manage Pokemon via Stadium 2. That I can use the N64 Pokemon bank to save my Pokemons and Items. In a much better way as in the orginal Pokemon games. Thank you so much for this update. The problem now is solved.

Greetings Mathias  :D

Edit: I was a bit to fast. The Transfer Pak 1 works now. But the Transfer Pak 2-4 didn't work. Can you please fix this, too?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:16:44 PM by Brantgaard »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 06:44:10 AM »
What exactly didn't work? The writing back to the transfer pak for those players?

Offline Brantgaard

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 06:52:09 AM »
The transfer paks 2-4 are no longer recognized in the game.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »
Are you sure that you have set the correct pak type for players 2-4? I'm not seeing anything wrong here.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 01:15:41 PM »
Also, go to profiles then select profiles, make sure that "All emulated controllers are always attached" is enabled.