Author Topic: Please remove the cap on maximum emulation speed.  (Read 219 times)

Offline 00888

• bit
    • View Profile
Please remove the cap on maximum emulation speed.
« on: February 04, 2021, 08:22:02 AM »
Well the hardware of phones today is far faster than it was on computers when the first Nintendo 64 emulators appaeared. To the point phones are now able to run some Xbox360 emulated games at 2 times their original speed

I heared of an easter egg in a game which appears after waiting several in game years matching waiting 43 days in real life on the original hardware (which is also why very few peoples noticed).

I would like to test if it is true, but unlike on the original YouTube video, I don t want to wait that long.

Currently (because of settings) Mupen64plus fz can t run games above 300% of their original speed. But instead of leafting the limit, why not let peoples just type any arbitrary integers using their virtual keyboards in order to set their game speed?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Please remove the cap on maximum emulation speed.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 01:23:34 PM »
If you want unlimited speed, go to settings then audio. Set volume to zero. Disable sync game to audio. That will let the game run as fast as your phone can handle.

Offline 00888

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 03:02:49 PM »
If you want unlimited speed, go to settings then audio. Set volume to zero. Disable sync game to audio. That will let the game run as fast as your phone can handle.
Hem, no you didn t understand. I ve no hardware problem. There s a slider for setting emulation speed in settings and it s maximal value is 300% which is bybthe way well below any hardware limit of my phone.

My request is about allowing higher values for that setting.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 12:36:01 PM »
Right, I have no plans to do that. But you can use the trick I mentioned to get unlimited speed.

Offline 00888

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 07:27:01 AM »
Don t you have something like repository for a pull request from mine?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 03:15:08 PM »
I wouldn't accept a pull request like that.