Author Topic: Using USB xbox 360 controller, buttons "sticking", not game specific  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Beowulf04

• bit
    • View Profile
So I'm on a factory G2, using a wired 30 controller, but the face buttons and the right bumper (but not the left!) "stick" when I push them once, acting as though they are being held down until I open a menu. This isn't specific to any games, and happens in the controller diagnostics as well. The controller itself is lightly used at most, and works perfectly on consoles/pc games. Anyone know what's up? I'd love to be able to really play stuff like Majora's Mask without relying on the touchscreen.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Using USB xbox 360 controller, buttons "sticking", not game specific
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 10:15:05 PM »
Are you using a genuine Microsoft brand controller?  I've never heard of such issues before, and I've tested on several xbox 360 controllers.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline Beowulf04

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: Using USB xbox 360 controller, buttons "sticking", not game specific
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 02:46:03 AM »
I am, but I just installed My Boy! (gba emulator), and am having the same problems with that, so I don't think it's a problem with the emulator after all. Annoyingly enough, the controller works perfectly well on the 360 console and on the PC, so it's not issue with the controller. The thing that really boggles my mind is that, having established that it's not a hardware issue with the buttons themselves, the left bumper works perfectly yet the right bumper has the same problems as the face buttons. At this point I'm not even really sure how to troubleshoot this, since I'm definitely not going out an buying a new gamepad just to do some proper control testing, and I'm not really tech-savvy enough to know what to check in terms of potential software issues.