Author Topic: New version?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline D-Mac

• byte
    • View Profile
New version?
« on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:10 AM »
Hello.

For when a new version? Or a page where you can download a build.
This project is dead?

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
Re: New version?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 01:46:27 PM »
If it was dead,why would Paul himself shell out so much money to GlideN64 to seal its Android status?

There is an Nvidia Shield topic where xperia64 last posted a newer branched build with Banjo-Tooie and Conker fixes.
Too bad both Banjo games still exit randomly,but Conker can now be seamlessly ran without needing to switch to interpreter on the pitchfork.
It also has a new built-in cheat editor so you don't have to edit the cheatlist the hard way.

One bad thing is that Glide64 seems broken in this build.
Use Rice (not the GLES 1.1 because it does not work atm) on some games and the improved glN64 plugin on others like the smash bros. game.
I can get 55-60fps with four DKs on Hyrule stage,so near perfection on speed on that game,but still slenderman graphics.

If you read this xperia64,could you please import the stable version of Glide64 into a copy of your build?
Maybe even alongside the now broken one.
I have found out that the settings of Glide64 had a complete overhaul which may be the cause of it being broken.
Thanks again for posting it though.
You should make a stickied topic with your build posted in it so eager users can give it a spin without needing to look for a certain random topic.

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »
Project isn't dead, I've just been on a break.  I'm working on my ROM dump software right now (this gives a lot more support to the argument that the emulator is not just out there for software pirates, when the average user on an average OS or even their phone itself can grab a ROM off their own cartridge).  I'll get back around to updating the app as well.  I am certainly excited about GlideN64 too.  As colder weather approaches and there isn't much to do with the bananas, I'll probably spend more time back on the computer (that will be around the time the GlideN64 project should be getting interesting as well)
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline DonzBegonz

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 01:15:13 AM »
I know littleguy has talked about a version 3.0. I hope you guys can get that up and running and continue the great work being done on the glide plugin!!