Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 290014 times)

Offline Haz

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #555 on: February 05, 2015, 01:33:41 AM »
Hello, I'm interested in testing (with a focus on Donkey Kong 64). I have two questions..

1. Is it possible to transfer my saved progress from 2.5 and enable version 3 to load the save files. If so, how is this done?

2. Has the transparency big in Donkey Kong 64 been fixed? This is what I was going to test. This bug is presented in the following ways,
* one of the fairies in gloomy gallon can't be photographed
* special barrels display when they should be invisible
* all blueprints display before they have been collected

Please let me know, hope I can help

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #556 on: February 05, 2015, 08:27:50 AM »
@xperia64: Just re-found out that ClassicBoy has realtime cheats access which worked on N64 with Banjo-Tooie and my "no frameskip" code when I tested it disabled then enabled to make it reach 60fps from the original framerate.
You could probably look at it to see how it was done.
The problem is that ClassicBoy isn't open source, although legally it is required to be.

Offline rafar

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 05, 2015, 12:42:27 PM »
Hello, I'm interested in testing (with a focus on Donkey Kong 64). I have two questions..

1. Is it possible to transfer my saved progress from 2.5 and enable version 3 to load the save files. If so, how is this done?

2. Has the transparency big in Donkey Kong 64 been fixed? This is what I was going to test. This bug is presented in the following ways,

1. I think so, you only must copy and paste the savefiles on the new folder, or rename the old filesave with the name new file is created.

2. Yes, donkey kong 64 is fixed.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 05, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
Any chance of overclocking being possible in a similar fashion to Dolphin on Android?

I would really like to see my FireTV run games at a more acceptable speed since the device lags so badly.
Even Banjo-Tooie WITHOUT my "no frameskip" code is beyond laggy at times,while my tablet runs so much better.

It probably relates to Qualcomm Adreno's crappy driver issues with an outdated version on FTV.

Edit: Just checked my info on PPSSPP and I see V@14.0 as my driver version,no wonder it performs so crappily.
This is a load of BS!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:56:45 PM by retroben »

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 05, 2015, 07:59:42 PM »
Can someone confirm that rice now has texture filtering enabled by default, I believe this is the cause of the broken / missing title menu for Doubutsu no Mori with gln64 & glide64 you can see the pixelation and rice looks filtered.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:23:45 PM by Mikhail »

Offline rafar

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 06, 2015, 12:44:10 PM »
Tested the last build, and mario 64 with glide64 plugin audio has a good sync. However in other games, the sync audio is not as good as mario 64 (tested only banjo kazooie and tooie), this happened in the previous test audio build with rice.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:58:37 PM by rafar »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 06, 2015, 02:00:49 PM »
As someone mentioned in a thread,Castlevania 64 crashes on x86 devices. :(
On his Nexus Player,the boss scene triggers it,and it crashes even sooner on my Acer Iconia x86 tablet with the first skellyman cutscene.

Edit:Got some logcat entries for the Castlevania 64 crash of my own.

"date and time" 1905: 1956 F/libc
Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000038 (code=1), thread 1956
(CoreThread)

"date and time" 1905: 1905 I/GameLifecycleHandler
onWindowFocusChanged: false

"date and time" 1968: 1968 D/dalvikvm
Late-enabling CheckJNI

"date and time" 1968: 1968 D/dalvikvm
Try to disable coredump for pid 1968

After that,for some reason I get Moga related entries even though I do not even have one of those controllers.
Just listed the ones I thought were the most important to see if they help at all,lazy date placeholders.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:19:42 PM by retroben »

Offline Donlavon1

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 07, 2015, 01:27:41 AM »
How do you load hi-res textures on the alpha builds?

Offline Haz

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 11, 2015, 04:33:41 PM »

1. I think so, you only must copy and paste the savefiles on the new folder, or rename the old filesave with the name new file is created.

2. Yes, donkey kong 64 is fixed.

Hate to disappoint, but the transparency bug is still present in the latest alpha release. I've tested it with all 3 emulation profiles.

Any chance it could be looked at? Not sure what you class as a priority etc.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 11, 2015, 08:00:45 PM »
Must be device or GPU specific,or your polygon offset value is currently a bad one for your device.

Any chance of adding N64 overclocking for the R4300 so games will even run faster on sluggish devices like my FireTV?
The lag on Banjo-Tooie seems identical to an actual system as I recently watched an LP and saw the lag again.
Having the choice for overclocking the emulator itself would indeed help a lot.
Either like this or similar to how "Dolphin for Android" does it would do.
Also just remembered seeing the settings in Retroarch Android for framerate "fullspeed" and the PJ64 "overclock method of "VI Refresh Rate" which gets increased to "2200" for smoothness.

Where has everybody been lately? Just curious...

Offline Haz

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 12, 2015, 03:25:32 AM »
I doubt it would be the device. It's not that old... HTC One M8. There are several articles on the Internet detailing the bug and they are using a variety of device.

Thanks

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 12, 2015, 09:41:18 AM »
R4300 overclocking is a topic better suited for the upstream developers.  There's a lot of code cleanup going on right now, so it might be something they take into consideration.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mupen64plus
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 12, 2015, 10:00:51 AM »
Alpha 18 released.  See OP for changelog.  No performance improvements or bugfixes are expected.  Upstream developer bsmiles32 has done a TON of code cleanup and refactoring (reorganization) which will make it easier for new devs to contribute and identify defects in the future.

I recommend you backup your entire GameData directory before upgrading to Alpha 18, just to be extra safe.

@xperia64 did the logcats in the latest builds give any more hints about your crashes on exit?  They should be a lot more verbose.

@retroben Been busy in real life, and the time I do have has been spent helping the upstream devs lately, testing changes and tracking their progress on the core refactoring and a possible new core API version 3.0.  Pretty interesting discussions going on right now.  This is the most activity I've seen upstream since I started working on the project 2.5 years ago.  There are some really smart people hammering through stuff, old and new faces, some people from other emu communities jumping in.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mupen64plus/M4mNDN-NseY
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mupen64plus/4rOO7cX0toY

Current pull requests:
https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-core/pulls
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:03:10 AM by littleguy »
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline rafar

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 12, 2015, 12:24:25 PM »
@Haz  I played for 2 or 3 hour donkey kong 64 few weeks ago and I reached the first level boss, won several minigames, and set free diddy kong. It has several bugs, but in my opinion is almost playable, I cant assert the game is playable 100% because I have not completed it, or at least play hardly.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 12, 2015, 03:01:24 PM »
Not sure what to test for,the most painful thing to test is testing if something else did not become broken.
I caught a glimpse of something Gameshark related on the massive commit page,is a module being implemented in the near future?

Still eagerly awaiting patiently :) for a possible real-time cheat menu for GS codes,and hoping a fix can be found for those really stubborn codes that refuse to apply like my alien/ambulance sounds code for Banjo-Kazooie which can't even activate on Pure Interpreter.