Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 299547 times)

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #570 on: February 12, 2015, 03:09:06 PM »
Thanks for your patience, and I agree, looking for broken things is tedious.  Therefore I wouldn't ask you to go hunting for them.  Just beware that you might encounter a few, and if you do to let us know (as always).  Just game on :)

Regarding cheats, I am not equipped to answer any of those questions, so if you don't hear from me it's not that I'm trying to ignore you.  Just for future reference ;)  xperia64 and Paul and much more familiar with the cheats engine, since they wrote all of the front-end for it.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 12, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »
I already know xperia64 is in control of the cheats,I didn't know that Paul also handled that part as well though.

I am not drectly facing only you for everything,it goes to anyone who may decide to respond to whatever it is I happen to mention and also what other testers mention.

I still wonder if there is a way to fix the freeze in TreasureTrove Cove when using the "no frameskip" code.
I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it is for that one level to cause so much trouble.
I don't remember if it was freezeless on PJ64,but if so,then maybe Gillou could figure something out on the x86 end.

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 12, 2015, 04:25:07 PM »
Regarding alpha 17 on nvidia shield the fps counter dont work on any games. Nuclear strike crashes no matter what a few other games crashed the emulator cant remember the others at the moment one was wwf attitude

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #573 on: February 12, 2015, 05:16:45 PM »
Interesting log message before the exit crash:
Code: [Select]
E/ae-bridge(11085): Unknown: undefined symbol: Java_paulscode_android_mupen64plusae_jni_NativeExports_unloadLibraries__
I tried playing around with it myself. The function is definitely called so I don't know what that log means exactly (it also complains about NvGlEs2Init being undefined).
mupen64plus-ui-console and mupen64plus-core both seem to unload fine, but unloading SDL2, ae-imports, or both triggers the crash.
Full logcat: http://pastebin.com/HwTwawx3

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 12, 2015, 06:53:45 PM »
Excellent, I will take a closer look.
OUYA, retail version

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #575 on: February 12, 2015, 07:33:03 PM »
And I think I realized what that first log message means. Apparently you can define the JNI method
Java_paulscode_android_mupen64plusae_jni_NativeExports_unloadLibraries
as
Java_paulscode_android_mupen64plusae_jni_NativeExports_unloadLibraries__

and both alias to the unloadLibraries() method inside NativeExports.java, so I guess java searches for both function names because some compilers add random underscores at the end. I tried renaming it to have two underscores at the end, and the error message changed to
Code: [Select]
E/ae-bridge(11085): Unknown: undefined symbol: Java_paulscode_android_mupen64plusae_jni_NativeExports_unloadLibraries

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 12, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »
Very interesting, I never knew that or would have thought. 

Since you're already building it locally, would you mind changing the mode to debug in jni/Application.mk, capturing the tombstone, and then trying to use ndk-stack and/or addr2line:
http://bytesthink.com/blog/?p=133

I've never done this myself, but I'm hoping with a little effort you may be able to get a meaningful stack trace for the segfault.  Though it looks like the fault may be buried deep inside some system libraries, in which case it might not help.

Edit: You can also try the ndk-stack script in mupen64plus-ae/tools.  It's been a long time, but I think you can just connect your device to your pc, run the script on your pc, then launch mupen on your device.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:05:55 PM by littleguy »
OUYA, retail version

Offline mrbluru

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 13, 2015, 12:10:41 PM »
Apologies if this is already known, but Glide64 seems to render many graphical issues with various games on Android 5.0.1 as tested on my Galaxy Note 4 N910F
This is tested on Alpha 18, which ran fine on Android 4.4.4

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #578 on: February 13, 2015, 01:51:47 PM »
I noticed some oddness with Glide64 in Banjo Kazooie's intro cutscene as well.

And ndk-stack is kind of useless for the exit crash unfortunately. Just the cryptic pthread_exit+80 log. It doesn't crash on my S2.
Edit:
some weirdness. These combinations of libraries can be unloaded without crashing (granted mupen crashes when loading a game):
mupen64plus-ui-console & mupen64plus-core
SDL2 & ae-imports
mupen64plus-ui-console & SDL2
mupen64plus-core & ae-imports

Edit2:
We have a race condition going on or something.
If I usleep for 0.019531 seconds or greater between unloading (mupen64plus-ui-console & mupen64plus-core) and (SDL2 & ae-imports), it doesn't crash (yes I bisected the time quite a bit :P, 0.015625 crashed).
Now the question is, what is racing? Are the dlopen/dlclose calls asynchronous?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:44:02 PM by xperia64 »

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 13, 2015, 07:02:35 PM »
Excellent!  A race condition is the lesser of two evils, I hope that's it (I'm worried about a shield-specific system library issue).  I'll keep digging.  That is very useful info.
OUYA, retail version

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 13, 2015, 07:19:20 PM »
@xperia64 I'll post some questions on chat so as not to fill up this thread.
OUYA, retail version

Offline Haz

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 14, 2015, 03:16:16 AM »
@Haz  I played for 2 or 3 hour donkey kong 64 few weeks ago and I reached the first level boss, won several minigames, and set free diddy kong. It has several bugs, but in my opinion is almost playable, I cant assert the game is playable 100% because I have not completed it, or at least play hardly.

It's at one specific part...trying to photograph a fairy within the gloomy galleon level. I can upload a save state if people want to see instantly what I'm talking about

Offline rafar

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 14, 2015, 03:58:56 AM »
@Haz  I am a tester, I think devs are trying to improve the UI and fix the regressions respect older versions as 2.4.4 official app. The specific gliches are going to be solved after that.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 14, 2015, 10:53:46 AM »
@Haz: Try the other graphics plugins on that fairy,and if one works on it,keep using it.

I think Glide64 is basicly perfect for DK64 because there was no lag for me and the warp pads are properly transparent before activating them.
I actually completed the game at 101% when on Glide64 itself.

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 14, 2015, 05:53:19 PM »
Does the alpha build include all the core / glide64 fixes / updates from the RetroArch repo?
re2 on RetroArch is now showing everything in-game perfect except the fmv and character models, file selection textures,
this includes showing and transitions between the in-game backgrounds, mupen64ae on the other hand
is showing the character models and file selection textures but the in-game backgrounds come up as blank black.

I've mentioned this before as well the osd / speedometer is broken in f1 world rand prix 1 & 2 but displays fine in RetroArch,
mupen64ae is also showing artifacts outside the game window rendering parts of the game window in multiple slices.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:10:38 PM by Mikhail »