Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 297683 times)

Offline jairolas

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #615 on: March 20, 2015, 05:08:50 PM »
More testing,

Animal Crossing:
Works excellent, it runs full speed without audio problems even the internal clock works.
The only problem is the game menu that looks half broken.

I wouldn't go that far the translation patch of Doubutsu no Mori
is a broken mess, it crashes as soon as you enter your house or save in-game.
It won't even load a in-game save you have load a renamed in-game save from Doubutsu no Mori
instead to stop it crashing because of the patched text table.
Sorry to be a party pooper but the hacked rom is far from stable and thats a problem with the hacked rom not
mupen64plusae.
Mmm that's kind of strange, I've been playing the game for some time now and everything seems to work just fine, I can save and load and enter/leave any house without any problems even Mr. Resetti works lol. The only problem I've found is the menu being half broken and of course, nes games are not playable.

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #616 on: March 20, 2015, 09:54:06 PM »
There is an unstable and there is a stable version of the translation patch.

Offline jairolas

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 21, 2015, 05:12:10 PM »
More games tested,

Pokémon Puzzle League:
Doesn't work, black screen. (I only tested a US rom)

Paper Mario 64:
Works excellent with full graphics and full speed.

Quest 64:
Works full speed, without graphical issues.

Yoshi's Story:
This game works beautiful at 60fps (one of the few n64 that ran at that speed)

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 21, 2015, 09:55:17 PM »
Have you seen Jungle Puddle and its water surface?
The main thing that no emulator can get right without an extremely slow software plugin is that water surface rendering.

I hope that Gonetz can figure it out if he hasn't already so GlideN64 can render it correctly.

Edit: Paper Mario does have an issue,the stars talking is invisible on Glide64 while the other plugins have text.
Problem is that the other plugins have horrific display issues of their own,even though the star text is visible.
How do I fix this frustrating annoyance with Glide64?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:43:44 PM by retroben »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 22, 2015, 11:46:56 AM »
Gonetz has got the Yoshi Story "Jungle Puddle" water working in GlideN64!
Hopefully it will survive the transfer to Android.

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 23, 2015, 01:05:42 AM »

Care to share? I could only find Zoinkitys NAFE-WIP-2_12_2010 patch
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1581/
md5: 01BDCC854D0AB798500E7BC31A24D94F

zoinkity mentioned editing
Mupen64.ini to

[01BDCC854D0AB798500E7BC31A24D94F]
Good Name=Animal Forest (U) [t1]
Header Code=0290AEB9-67A3B6C1-C45

I guess the Android eqvilant would be to edit the mupen64plus.ini
to? but I haven't been able to find a text editor on Android that doesn't hang or crash when opening / editing
large text files, same thing happens in notepad on windows so you have to use wordpad instead.

[01BDCC854D0AB798500E7BC31A24D94F]
Good Name=Animal Forest (U) [t1]
CRC=0290AEB9 67A3B6C1-C45
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:09:10 AM by Mikhail »

Offline D-Mac

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 23, 2015, 10:01:43 AM »
Guys know some tricks when you are playing?

Offline jairolas

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 23, 2015, 02:38:13 PM »
What kind of tricks?
Oh and I didn't play the water level in Yoshi's Story im glad it's working now  :)

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #623 on: March 23, 2015, 02:49:29 PM »

Care to share? I could only find Zoinkitys NAFE-WIP-2_12_2010 patch
The stable one has very little that's actually translated, the unstable being the one you posted above. It's available on some rom sites.

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 24, 2015, 01:33:05 AM »
Would it be possible to add a aspect ratio option for 3d games so characters / models don't look fat when
the screen scaling is set to stretch / fill screen, as far as I know all widescreen hacks do is take
the ingame height value and multiply it by 1.77777778 to achive 16:9 widescreen for the width.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 28, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »
time bump

For lack of a better reason.  :-\

Offline jairolas

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 29, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »
So I've been playing some Super Mario 64 but I've noticed that the framerate is a little bit weird, it is full speed at 30fps but it seems like it has frameskip even if it doesn't (I'm using accurate glide plugin not the fast one with  fs) maybe it has something to do with the refresh options? mine are set to automatic but games doesn't really feel smooth.

Offline rafar

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 30, 2015, 12:03:38 PM »
@jairolas

the most 64 games run at 23 fps. Games like smash bros or yoshi story run at 60 fps. Also cbfd runs at very low framerate... I think that it is 16 fps more less.

Offline D-Mac

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 03, 2015, 12:57:02 PM »
What kind of tricks?
Oh and I didn't play the water level in Yoshi's Story im glad it's working now  :)

To activate cheats in the game. And not before starting this game.

This emulator has gained much respect to earlier versions. Games like The Legend of Zelda OoT looks much better and more beautiful.

Great job guy!

Offline Koemans

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 06, 2015, 12:35:43 PM »
I guess i have to chime in here after i had a fantastic night playing super mario 64 last night.

Last year, i bought a moga pro controller so i could play oldskool playstation / nintendo games on my mobile.
However, pretty much all games were completely unplayable.

You see, i have a HTC one mini and i have read on this forum somewhere that some devices with a certain graphic chip just could not run most games smoothly not matter which renderer you would use. I quickly gave up hope and just continued playing snes games and playstation games.

After learning that a new nvidia shield console will be shipping in the USA soon for only 199 dollars, with the option to install emulators from the play store i checked the playstore to see if mupen now have a better optimalisation compared to last year. I was rather dissapointed that it still had a similar version number.

I then checked this forum and i downloaded the alpha. First impression on super mario 64 was good. I mean, before the alpha version there were moments in which the game would run very smooth. but the moment a larger area would be displayed or in which combat would start, the FPS would drop dramaticly. By that i mean, 3 FPS... it would be a challenge alone to stay alive since the controls would lag too.

With the new alpha there are some  FPS drops in certain areas in which a large areas and other effects are displayed (ex : first snow level..) but the controles just feel so much better when there are FPS drops that you can continue playing. Also, before the alpha sometimes the FPS could be as low as 3, but i havent even seen that yet.. well, only in ocarina of time and majora's mask. The area's which used to lag now run with about 100% more FPS.

I tried various roms last night on my HTC one mini..

The good :
Mario 64 - Slight FPS drops in large areas and maps with weather effects but controls still feel reponsive. Definately can be completed.
Yoshi's story - 2 plugin's spawn a whole bunch of graphical artifacts that make the game lag like crazy. Rice's quality setting makes the game run very good but lots of audio cracking. I set the audio output to standard instead of ultra low latency to compensate.
Banjo kazooie - Appears to be the same as mario 64.

The  bad :
Zelda : Ocarina of time - Huge FPS drops in large areas and in combat. Can be completed but i dont like to play laggy games.
Zelda : Majora's mask - Same as above... my HTC almost exploded on this one when i entered clock town for the first time, had about 2 fps for a few seconds. Town people make the FPS drop like crazy. Cutscenes lag too.
Snowboard kids - FPS issues on certain levels in certain area's. Otherwise appear fine and can be finished since the controls no longer lag.
WCW vs NWO revenge - Game appears to run in between 90-100% depending on the action. However, as soon as someone is entering melee range or combat (grabbing / kicking, whatever) starts, the sound starts to crack.

All in all, i am glad i can play a few games now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:37:46 PM by Koemans »