Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 342259 times)

Offline nakata6790

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #825 on: December 09, 2015, 05:18:58 PM »
New update 12/09 is out. I tested it and it seems smoother to me (i get higher fps count in games like Conker & Top Gear Rally)

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 09, 2015, 11:35:10 PM »
I seem to be getting better speeds using 12/09 on Banjo-Tooie (with lag fix and no frameskip codes) as it is staying at 60fps on Rice in every area except that oil rig ledge,even HailFire Peaks' entrance runs at a full 60fps!

For anyone else wanting to perhaps test on a rooted Shield TV with the GPU boosted to full power (1Ghz),the codes are 8003F4F2 000D and 8007913F 0001 respectively.

GLideN64 3.0 and 3.1 run quite slow with Tooie in comparison to Rice on an unrooted Shield TV.
I can't remember if more updates have been made to GLideN64 somewhat recently,but I think there is updates.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 10, 2015, 09:35:41 AM »
I find this odd because the only change made to the 12/9 build was an updated auto build script. No code changes. :o

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 10, 2015, 08:07:30 PM »
what about the dependencies added on the earlier build that same day?

Maybe just using my Shield TV device broke it in and made stuff run more smoothly.

I still hope we can see if Yongzh would ever help with Mupen64Plus AE,at least teaching how to make native coding for plugins work with a huge performance increase or if donations could be made for him to work on it upon agreement and whatever amount for the goal is achieved.

Also,knowing that N64oid is no longer on SlideMe makes this an opportunity to get funded in return for his skills of improving performance and visual stability for applying native plugin coding to Mupen64Plus AE.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 10, 2015, 10:51:06 PM »
I don't see how since that auto build script doesn't do anything until Paul copies it to his auto build server.

Were you running with the Nov 15 build before by any chance?

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 10, 2015, 11:10:03 PM »
Yeah,the November 15th build before getting that 12/09 update.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 14, 2015, 01:40:28 AM »

Immersive mode is enabled in the settings.

Can you try different graphics plugins and see if you still get there issue?

Also, under display settings for a specific game, can you try playing around with resolution and scaling? That was something that was changed recently that could be causing that issue.

Try playing with display settings under the general settings as well.

I have tried everything. Changed the plugins, resolution, I even changed the screen scaling back to original. I also tried switching the screen orientation to reverse landscape to see if it was still there but still no luck.

I tested everything and am still getting the bar at the bottom of the screen. :/ I wonder what is causing it.

I think I found your problem. I have committed a fix.

My son got a tablet for his birthday which experienced very similar symptoms to yours.

Please try the latest build and make sure immersive mode is enabled.

Offline Blurbsanime

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 15, 2015, 01:48:16 AM »

Immersive mode is enabled in the settings.

Can you try different graphics plugins and see if you still get there issue?

Also, under display settings for a specific game, can you try playing around with resolution and scaling? That was something that was changed recently that could be causing that issue.

Try playing with display settings under the general settings as well.

I have tried everything. Changed the plugins, resolution, I even changed the screen scaling back to original. I also tried switching the screen orientation to reverse landscape to see if it was still there but still no luck.

I tested everything and am still getting the bar at the bottom of the screen. :/ I wonder what is causing it.

I think I found your problem. I have committed a fix.

My son got a tablet for his birthday which experienced very similar symptoms to yours.

Please try the latest build and make sure immersive mode is enabled.

Yes the problem is fixed. Thanks and good work :D

Offline Haz

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 17, 2015, 02:09:52 AM »
@Haz  I played for 2 or 3 hour donkey kong 64 few weeks ago and I reached the first level boss, won several minigames, and set free diddy kong. It has several bugs, but in my opinion is almost playable, I cant assert the game is playable 100% because I have not completed it, or at least play hardly.

It's at one specific part...trying to photograph a fairy within the gloomy galleon level. I can upload a save state if people want to see instantly what I'm talking about

Appreciate all the developers are super busy - but was wondering if this bug has been addressed in the new Alpha release?

Offline codequest

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 20, 2015, 06:21:38 PM »
Just tried the latest alpha.
I can't seem to add games to the library? I go and select the zip, scans, but they don't display in the library.
(I'm using nvidia shield tV)

Also, can you explain how to enable the texture pack option, and where to load them?

thank you.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 20, 2015, 06:24:44 PM »
Just tried the latest alpha.
I can't seem to add games to the library? I go and select the zip, scans, but they don't display in the library.
(I'm using nvidia shield tV)

Also, can you explain how to enable the texture pack option, and where to load them?

thank you.

Are you selecting a single zip file?

Also, could you share a log cat right after this happens? You can do this on the main app menu under about->logcat->share.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:32:02 PM by fzurita »

Offline codequest

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 20, 2015, 08:24:39 PM »
hmmm.
doesnt seem to save..
once i click on share, it goes to select the path on es file explorer.. once done, the file is not there.
another bug?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 21, 2015, 12:08:32 AM »
hmmm.
doesnt seem to save..
once i click on share, it goes to select the path on es file explorer.. once done, the file is not there.
another bug?

I don't think it's a bug. Don't share with ES File explorer. Try sharing with GMail instead and then e-mail it to yourself. Then from a desktop web browser, copy and paste the contents of your e-mail in this thread.

Offline huyn54

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 24, 2015, 01:48:25 PM »
Is there a way to revert the multi controller menu to the way it was before. It seems like the program automatically decides how many controllers the games need. An example would be zelda games and showing only one controller in the settings. For games like golden eye, four controllers do show up to be mapped and set up. However, when I try pokemon stadium games, the program only shows two controllers will work in the game. The old mupen let me turn on each individual controller so I could turn on 2-4 controllers, but now it is automatic. Is there a way to fix this?

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 24, 2015, 06:17:45 PM »
One way to fix it would be to edit a file in the Android directory under each game name with the controller count you desire to make that many appear,it can be annoying because the text length is pretty large.
I had to do this for the debug versions of Zelda Ocarina and Majora's Mask before since they require detecting all four controllers to use all P1 debug features,for example,L+R+Z on the P1 controller is for selecting areas and needs the other controllers enabled,but only requires you to make a dud profile for the three other controllers to be activated.