Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 261011 times)

Offline RogerSmith

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #930 on: August 21, 2016, 05:28:10 PM »
I hope I'm posting in the right place. This is regarding the latest buildbot APK on the top banner of this website.

I own a Nvidia Shield Portable and Mupen64 on this thing is absolutely abysmal. I have no idea whats going on, but any video plugin thats not exactly "gln" has the game stutter and skip horribly with bad FPS regardless of what settings you use. GlideN64 is specifically noteworthy.

Am I doing something wrong here? The Nvidia Shield Portable uses a overclocked Tegra 4 chip.

I'm also running the nvidia shield handheld, and I've been using mupen AE on it for a long time and I've had those kinds of serious problems. Almost every game for me is playable, and with the FZ branch there's been improvement.

Offline Mithrot

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 21, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »
I'm also running the nvidia shield handheld, and I've been using mupen AE on it for a long time and I've had those kinds of serious problems. Almost every game for me is playable, and with the FZ branch there's been improvement.

I think a large part of these issues stem from the fact that the Tegra 4 isn't a popular chip, especially in 2016.

FZ branch? I'm not sure which one you are referring to.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 21, 2016, 08:14:17 PM »
Search the playstore for mupen64plus fz. It's the version I'm keeping up to date.

Offline Mithrot

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 23, 2016, 01:13:04 AM »
Without derailing this thread too hard, I'd like to thank you two (especially fzurita) for letting me know about the FZ branch of Mupen64ae. I have no idea what kind of black magic you performed, but the stuttering I always encountered on Mupen64ae on any Tegra 4 device is completely gone! GlideN64 (GLES 2.0) is also far more stable.  ;D

Perhaps this is something worth merging back into the main branch? I'm not exactly sure what the cause of it is specifically (on the Nvidia Shield Portable), but I can try to help.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 23, 2016, 05:58:54 AM »
I have been keeping the main branch up to date. The build server is just not working so the auto builds are not showing up.

Offline Mithrot

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 23, 2016, 02:44:56 PM »
Oh, alright thanks!

Offline Bradleyw801

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 24, 2016, 06:09:36 PM »
Search the playstore for mupen64plus fz. It's the version I'm keeping up to date.

Looks like it's not up anymore? I managed to download it and leave a review, but now I can't find it anymore.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 24, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »
Yeah, Google took it down. The email said I was accepting payments from a non Google based payment system. I don't understand why since I only accepted Google play in-app purchases.

Offline casiragi

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 09, 2016, 02:22:56 AM »
Hello, i know i'm late. The last update is Long available, but now I tried to test Gamepad Support..

I just installed the 3.0111 beta on my fire tv 4k and configured my Fire TV Controller. Then i tried to start Wave Race, but the game tells me, that no Controller ist connected. Ok, i tried Mario Kart and everything worked fine. then i tried Mario 64 und there are many texture Problems (greend ground) in the 1st world and the framerate is really really bad. So i installed Version 2.4.4. Mario 64 runs fine and Wave Race makes no more Problems.

Am I the only one with those Problems? The 3.x release has a really nice Interface, but if not many games will work ist useless for me :-( Is somebody still working on the emulator?

Best Regards

Offline grmilbrand

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 15, 2016, 03:57:28 PM »
Try this:

-c 'am start --user 0 -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" && am start --user 0 -S -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.GalleryActivity'

Let me know how it works. If it doesn't I'll dig further to find the right activity to use.

OK, so I tried these:

-c 'am start --user 0 -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" && am start --user 0 -S -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.GalleryActivity'

-c 'am start -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" && am start -S -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.GalleryActivity'
(without user 0)

&

start -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
(my Shield is non-root version)

*all just said launching without any further action.

@fzurita, i was never able to figure out the launch command. Now that I installed the version you provided, are you able to provide a launch command for use in Rom Collection Browser?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 15, 2016, 04:15:43 PM »
Here is the command:
<emulatorParams>start --user 0 -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.fzurita/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity  -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"</emulatorParams>

Offline grmilbrand

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 15, 2016, 06:19:35 PM »
Thank you very much for that, although it's not working for me. Are there some troubleshooting steps I can take to make sure it isn't my system. I'm running Kodi on Android TV on a Shield.
Where in the file system could I look for the package org.mupen64plusae.v3.fzurita?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 15, 2016, 06:37:51 PM »
Interesting, are you using the Mupen64Plus FZ app in the play store? That command is for that.

Offline grmilbrand

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 16, 2016, 07:56:29 AM »
Yes, I just downloaded prior to inputting that command.it runs fine out of the leanback launcher and opens games. Runs perfect. It's just when I go into Kodi and use that command in Rom Collection Browser. I input the command just as you have it. checked it twice, and it just states launching with no further activity.
I'll mess with it again tonight. I didn't know if there was someway to check the file structure of the org.mupen64plusae thru ESFileExplorer or something like that, to make sure it's installed in the same place. Do you have the Shield, or does anyone else with a Shield/Kodi/RCB/Mupen wanna test and make sure it's not just me?

Thanks again. I enjoy using it as standalone, just wish I could get the launcher to work like NESemu. It's soothing to play old video games. Must be the nostalgia!

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 16, 2016, 04:57:03 PM »
I'll have to give it a try to see if I can get it to work. All I can tell you for sure is that SplashActivity is the entry point.