Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 297701 times)

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #375 on: January 10, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »
Too many files housing too many settings imo,

emulation.cfg - Not needed since where only getting to select video, frameskip, R3400, cant these profiles be hard coded?

If where having game specific settings for each video plugin do we really need the .ini, .conf junk in org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha?
for games that require specific fixes already can't these settings be automatically placed into rom CoreConfigs on the first game run once it identifys the z64 rom md5 + title / region header, then if a user should want to test something they can override a previous fix by editing the rom CoreConfig instead of trawling through the lengthy files which contain fixes for all games, it can be quite tiresome editing a setting for a single game.

Patience young grasshopper.  There is method to the madness.

99% of users will not and should not touch any config files.  The new architecture will make it easier for game-specific profiles to be created.  There's still a lot of work to be done.  More stuff is likely to move into the emulation profiles to encapsulate game-specific needs.  So if a particular game needs some hack applied AND IF that hack isn't already applied automatically by core (most already are), THEN there will EVENTUALLY be an emulation profile for that game and it will be the default for that game.  Version 3 has been architected to allow for that.  We are focusing on the 99% use case (plug and play, minimal settings), but still allowing the 1% to do special stuff if they know what they're doing.

.ini and .conf "junk" is all part of the upstream codebase.  We work with it, not against it.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »
I added the .nomedia thing and it will be in the next alpha.  This keeps the cover art and touchscreen skins out of the Android Photo Gallery.  If you can't wait, here is the auto-build.  I had to reboot the phone for the gallery to refresh.  Note that you might still have some stale images from older builds laying around, so you might have to delete those manually (or copy the .nomedia file to the stale directories).
OUYA, retail version

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 11, 2015, 01:40:44 PM »
Thanks,I hope it fixes my Mediaserver problem,and it is not some other resource/condition causing it.
Just recently beat Quest 64 in the Alpha build on FireTV without cheats (excluding a cheap grinding exploit and a few savestate reloads) so you can add that one to the completable list with Donkey Kong 64,though I didn't max out Brian's elements to 50.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 11, 2015, 02:23:21 PM »
@xperia64 - Probably a long shot but I added an option to disable the polygon offset hack (first entry in Flicker Reduction preference) in case you wanted to try that on your shield tablet.  See the latest on the auto-builds page.  If that doesn't help anything, just let me know which polygon offset you want me to use.
OUYA, retail version

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #379 on: January 11, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Disabled behaves like a custom offset of 0. The water in the moat is at the correct level with the flicker reduction disabled or set between -0.95 and 0, but the shadows still flicker. Might just be that glide is incompatible with Mario star road, which is unfortunate because the other plugins have some issues as well.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2015, 03:13:24 PM »
...and Glide64 is ironically the fastest with fb_read_always disabled.
Rice is slower with SM64,and so is glN64.

It will be a while before I check my tablet testing for the .nomedia change.

Offline Sowden

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2015, 12:31:18 PM »
 :D  The Goldeneye two players selection has been fixed.  I can now play against my friends!  Thanks for making the fix, the emulator is running great.  And sorry if this has been mentioned, but the climb up Death Mountain in OOT doesn't glitch anymore.  I haven't tried any of the other builds, but the ground was all glitching out in the latest version from google play.  Thanks guys, later.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
I forgot to mention that Quest 64 also has the floor shaking issue in a few instances.
How can this Glide64 plugin issue be fixed?

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2015, 01:59:24 PM »
Gilles made a possible fix for that here but hasn't submitted a pull request for it yet.
https://github.com/littleguy77/mupen64plus-ae/commit/078675adef88a5930d3eac256467e2ecaa8c2922
OUYA, retail version

Offline rafar

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2015, 04:58:43 PM »
@retroben I suppose the issue you are saying it is on 2.4.4 too. If it is the issue I am thinking, it appears in other games like mario 64, and zelda ocarina.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »
@xperia64 I have experienced a few of those crashes on exiting the game now.  I don't have a way to reproduce them consistently (only about 1 in 10 crashes for me) but it's a start.
OUYA, retail version

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2015, 09:29:13 PM »
Mine are extremely consistent. The following always happens:
Load game->Exit game->Crash to GalleryActivity->repeat. Occasionally instead of crashing to GalleryActivity the app just exits.

Also the alphas don't have all the BanjoTooie dynarec fixes, do they?

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2015, 10:03:08 PM »
No, Gilles is still sorting some of his fixes out before he pushes them upstream.
https://github.com/Gillou68310/mupen64plus-ae/issues/1#issuecomment-68690556
OUYA, retail version

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 13, 2015, 12:25:00 PM »
@xperia64 - Are you able to build the Android project?  If so, then build it and run on your device until you get the crash.  Then go to a command prompt, cd to the mupen64plus-ae/tools directory, and run ./ndk-stack.sh.  Post the crashdump text file here.  Might give us some more insights into the crash.
OUYA, retail version

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #389 on: January 13, 2015, 12:32:58 PM »
I'll do it tonight. Checking the logs, it's crashing in libEGL  :o
eglReleaseThread and some pthread stuff are the only relevant looking areas just from glancing the logs.