Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 290012 times)

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #630 on: April 09, 2015, 12:24:55 AM »
Really getting irked.

*insert Fawful quote here*

Would it hurt to pop in occasionally to let us know your'e okay?

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 09, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »
I'm not going to waste any more time on this project until Paul fixes the auto build issues.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 09, 2015, 09:55:31 AM »
Can't you guys move on with out him? Maybe something did happen to him

Offline vamman

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 16, 2015, 10:24:38 PM »
Can someone please pull the trigger and do a build of what you guys have? I'm currently doing some asm work on Tegra for NVIDIA at this very moment. Happy to offer some assistance/help.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 16, 2015, 11:45:41 PM »
Hello, I'm having some strange issues with the nexus player. I can't seem to get the action bar to show up, so there is no way to change settings or scan for games. Is there something obvious I'm missing?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:03:55 AM by fzurita »

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 17, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »
I'm sorry guys and I feel your pain.  I'm not sure what Paul's status is.  In a pinch, we could build the APK files and post them on Dropbox or whatever.  Or create a different buildbot on our own.  The bigger problem is that without Paul we can't publish updates to Google Play, since he holds the keys to that.  We could always create a new app with a different developer signature, but that is pretty much a "nuclear option" last resort -- not something I want to consider at this point.

In all honesty this is the busiest I have ever been in my day job -- four separate software projects, each for a different client, in different languages, platforms, and APIs:
 - embedded C++ app, using an obscure messaging API, developed in Linux Eclipse, running on ARM Linux SBC
 - C# app, using the Unity (3D) framework, developed in Visual Studio/Unity, running on Windows PC
 - C++/CLI/C# app, using Winforms API, developed in Visual Studio, running on Windows PC
 - C# app, using WPF/Windows Store API, developed in Visual Studio, running on Windows Surface

So you see Mupen64Plus-AE represents a fifth major change of mindset, and can only be done in my free time (which I have almost none of right now).
 - Java/C/C++ app, using Android and Mupen64Plus APIs, developed in Windows Eclipse, running on Android device
OUYA, retail version

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 17, 2015, 12:34:16 PM »
Good thing Eclipse is still alive with its new tool called Andmore.

What's your opinion on Android Studio? *quickly runs and hides in a corner comically*

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 17, 2015, 01:02:17 PM »
I looked at Android Studio a month or two ago but was unable to get it working with all our native code.  The NDK support might be there by now, but I was unable to find it.  I'm definitely curious about Android Studio, but it will have to be dead simple to switch over before we consider using for this project.
OUYA, retail version

Offline scorpio16v

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 23, 2015, 12:48:49 PM »
Hello, I'm having some strange issues with the nexus player. I can't seem to get the action bar to show up, so there is no way to change settings or scan for games. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Same here. I've tested the APK from first post with the same result and version: master "2015-04-20 16:02" - autobuild.

Don't know, if the attached log, from last mentioned version, shows something useful.

edit: and a screen record
http://youtu.be/ZYiTc1-UK6s
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:16:10 PM by scorpio16v »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 23, 2015, 01:19:41 PM »
Maybe it has something to do with Intel's branch of Lollipop and/or the new Android runtime?
Perhaps something to do with immersive functionality.
Even though my Intel tablet seemed to run a version of Mupen64Plus AE ok in ART mode,but Kitkat instead of Lollipop.
You'll need the latest Alpha (excluding the one in April 20th) to run Banjo-Tooie and DK64 on a Nexus Player and any other Intel device.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 23, 2015, 08:23:33 PM »
@scorpio - Stick with Alpha 19 for now - the autobuild versions are experimental, and the ActionBar is one of the things that is being redesigned/replaced in the April 20 build.

One thing you might try doing is to copy/create a new controller profile, and map the menu and/or back buttons.  The menu button should allow you to toggle the ActionBar in the game.  Or are you having an issue with the ActionBar in the front-end screens?
OUYA, retail version

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 24, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »
@scorpio - Stick with Alpha 19 for now - the autobuild versions are experimental, and the ActionBar is one of the things that is being redesigned/replaced in the April 20 build.

One thing you might try doing is to copy/create a new controller profile, and map the menu and/or back buttons.  The menu button should allow you to toggle the ActionBar in the game.  Or are you having an issue with the ActionBar in the front-end screens?

I'm personally having issues with the actionbar at the front-end screen. I looked at scorpio's video and mine doesn't seem to get that far. Also, I'm running the alpha 19 version.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:47:49 PM by fzurita »

Offline scorpio16v

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 25, 2015, 01:04:48 AM »
Alpha 19 looks like this on Nexus Player.
Another problem is, the NP remote controller has no menu-button. But that problem seems related to the NP firmware and affects other apps too.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:09:07 AM by scorpio16v »

Offline BonzaiThePenguin

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 25, 2015, 04:31:39 AM »
Can someone test the New-Gallery-UI branch? It has some super-experimental stuff, but it also has a lot of bug fixes and functionality that's missing from the latest master build.

http://www.paulscode.com/source/Mupen64Plus-AE/AutoBuilds/

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #644 on: April 25, 2015, 07:47:06 AM »
It's beautiful. Only issues I encountered that changing settings from the sidebar doesn't appear to be functional yet (cheats, video plugin etc). And I encountered a crash when exiting a game after the first launch, but I couldn't get a useful log, and it's not happening again.