Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 295477 times)

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #735 on: June 26, 2015, 01:38:11 AM »
Man,so much absence lately.

The crashing is fixed and otherwise alleviated on the Alpha Builds.
There's also GLideN64 to try out with both GLES2 and GLES3.
If it still crashes for you,tell us your device and its specs so the devs can assist you.

Meanwhile,I have an issue myself.
Glover 2 now as I know,fails to boot on Dynarec,but runs on Interpreter.
The problem is that everything is frozen in place and you can't intereact with them properly.
For example,the magic cookbook is completely missing.

But on 2.4.4,everything works fine,but it runs slower than the Alpha's Interpreter.
Is there any chance this can be fixed? (maybe something upstream related is causing this issue)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:50:39 AM by retroben »

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 26, 2015, 06:53:28 AM »
Here s some issues ive encontered on the latest auto build using gliden64 when i exit out it sometimes crashes the app during autosave or takes longer than 30 seconds to autosave no matter what game other plugibs seem fine during autosave.i have a nvidia shield portable tegra 4.turok 2 and 3 wont run no matter what plugin.goldeneye has missing textures on the soldures guns might be a setting thing not sure.

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 26, 2015, 07:12:47 AM »
Goldeneye texture issue is on gliden64 not a expert on settings so not sure if its the plugin are me not using correct setting oh its on gles 2 version frame buffer emulation setting on.

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 26, 2015, 07:26:48 AM »
Perfect dark hasn't run on my shield since alpha 18 are before dont remember what build it started on but it did run at one time hope some of this info helps.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 26, 2015, 10:46:05 AM »
Well the 30 seconds and crashing autosave issue with GLideN64 is a mix with texture caching and enhancements which Android really dislikes,so it acts up and crashes.
You'll have to copy a profile and disable those texture caching and compressed cache options to stop it from doing that.

Android OS just really hates some types of cache files,not sure why it is so aggressive.

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 26, 2015, 01:44:25 PM »
Ok cool any idea what setting i should try for goldeneye to fix texture on soldures guns the rest of the game plays fine with frame buffer emulation on.007 gun texture work fine.

Offline marc

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 26, 2015, 03:59:44 PM »
with my s3 with android 4.1.2 crash persist also with last alpha build, is there  some specific settings to limit them?

Offline marc

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 28, 2015, 03:07:16 AM »
it's dynarec problem, on interpreter i havent crash

Offline danny19901

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 28, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »
Latest Alpha is pretty great so far i tested Resident evil 2 but although it gets in game with Glide64 accurate. But still unplayable but it's progressed more than before can't wait to finally get to play. Issues Are flickering in game, Very Dark can see zombies and player but not much also crash doesn't happen anymore. I have Xperia Z1 on 5.1.1 But loving the new Test alphas will test more
Done more testing on my Tab S 8.4 LTE T705 i have been playing Resi 2 with cheats due to graphic issues. i have however took some screenshots
[nofollow]

[nofollow]

[nofollow]

[nofollow]

[nofollow]

(Gliden64 crashes for me on Resi2 also tried Gliden64 3.1 and same i also tried changing settings for it)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 03:07:24 PM by danny19901 »

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 28, 2015, 11:31:46 AM »
^ I couldn't get in-game with gliden64-gles 2.0 it kept crashing, managed to get in-game with 3.1 but had to do it resuming from a rice save state, I managed to make it into the kendo shop with the blank backgrounds so now have a gliden64-gles save state from the shop, the kendo / zombie scene played without issues which bodes well, I later died on the street just before the bus zombie group :-)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:34:02 AM by Mikhail »

Offline Daeymon

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 29, 2015, 07:47:57 AM »
Alpha 21 is looking amazing. Good to see such solid improvements.

Have noticed some changes in how the Intents now work. The game will now automatically Resume when launched through an Intent. On the stable release, with a combination of two intents, we got to a menu to choose to Resume or Restart. Getting rid of the menu is definitely the right direction, and the majority would indeed want to Resume. But I actually prefer to Restart instead of Resume.

Could the choice be returned to the user? But instead of a menu, have the choice in the intent itself via an Extra parameter? Keep the default as is, as that will work for the majority, but the minority could provide this Extra parameter to get the game to launch as a Restart instead of a Resume.

Offline The MAZZTer

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 30, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »
Alpha 21 looks great. Couple of issues I noticed... some may be old, I haven't used mupen too much in the past.

- If you have a game configuration (even if you reset game settings to defaults), the game will fail to launch and mupen crashes. Workaround is to manually jump into the /data/data folder for the app and purge the game configuration file (and if you're not rooted... you gotta wipe data I guess) then the game starts working again. Specifically what I was doing to cause this was running Goldeneye (U) [!], messed with the preset config setting for it, ran it, it crashed, tried to reset game config, still crashed, found and deleted the game config file and then it ran fine.
- The touchscreen analog stick feels odd to me. If I touch it on the edge, for example, the game immediately registers a stick press in that direction. It's probably working as designed, but it would be nice to have a type of analog stick where I press down and the stick automatically centers under my finger. That way I can be less precise with my finger. I think such designs also tend to move the stick when the player's finger reaches the edge of it and keeps going, so the player doesn't have to move as far back to center. Some experimentation is needed here I think.
- On a similar theme it would be nice to scale individual controls in a touchscreen config. I noticed you can scale them all at once, I'm gonna try that and see if it helps me with my analog stick problems but we'll see. Might still be valuable to scale individual controls.
- It's a bit odd in the touchscreen config and in game to pull down the toolbar using the back button. I suggest you try Chrome Desktop and see how they handle pulling down a toolbar in fullscreen immersive mode... specifically, when you enter immersive mode, swiping to show the status bar/nav bar disables immersive mode and shows the toolbar (which is permanently visible and not overlapping the main view). This solves the issue with the inaccessible more button and the status bar overlapping the toolbar. Also makes it one less action to show it (no back button needed). Since we want to be in immersive mode most of the time, maybe the toolbar can go back to hiding and immersive mode comes back on if you tap inside the game.

The game browser is great, most of my games show up and it pretty much looks like what I wish all emulators did.

Could the choice be returned to the user? But instead of a menu, have the choice in the intent itself via an Extra parameter? Keep the default as is, as that will work for the majority, but the minority could provide this Extra parameter to get the game to launch as a Restart instead of a Resume.

Could always use a setting set in advance in the application. Default run mode for intent: Resume, Restart, Ask.

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 30, 2015, 08:31:18 PM »
I'd propose the change of the analog stick moving to wherever you placed your finger within the outer circle rather than having to drag it from it's central point outwards to move in all directions with a white touch input dot showing it's current location, gradual analogue movement doesn't feel right on a touchscreen and having your thumb pressed down in the same area tends to hurt after a few minutes it's like the old plastic controllers that had rock hard a and b buttons that left an imprint.
Basically what i'm refering too is using the analogue stick more like an eight way d-pad.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:40:43 PM by Mikhail »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 05, 2015, 09:36:59 PM »
I'm getting a crash when configuring input in TV mode in latest autobuild. Here is a core dump file from an earlier build.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 05, 2015, 09:52:16 PM »
I can see what is wrong. In arrays.xml resource, the inputMapActivity_values needs one more entry. I can see what the fix is, is there an easy way to check in a fix if I get it to work?