Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 292534 times)

Offline SuperL

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #765 on: September 11, 2015, 12:09:17 PM »
I'm in need of some real help.

I have an x86 android tablet with Lollipop. It most definitely has OpenGL ES 3.1. because I've checked it with (with an app). But I can't get any of the GlideN64 plugins to display anything.

There's some quirk with x86. Someone worked around it by inserting code into the Opengl.cpp. https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/604

How can I fix this?

Offline Rare Rian

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 19, 2015, 04:53:24 PM »
This isn't a bug report or anything I was just wondering if there's a set date or at least a prediction on when this will officially update on Google Play and great work on this app

Offline Rare Rian

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 19, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »
Don't know if this is new or not but I'm on the Alpha 21 and on Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time when I enter the cave where you blow up a big rock for the gorons on death mountain about halfway in the entrance room it becomes really choppy anything I can do

Offline Rare Rian

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 19, 2015, 07:51:58 PM »
Don't know if this is new or not but I'm on the Alpha 21 and on Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time when I enter the cave where you blow up a big rock for the gorons on death mountain about halfway in the entrance room it becomes really choppy anything I can do

I fixed it embarrassing I didn't try this but you have to exit the app fully or go into another app already opened without exiting the rom

Offline nscxp2005

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 22, 2015, 09:05:30 AM »
I'm loving the new updates to this Emulator. I have followed this from the beginning.

I would like to request the puzzle pieces not showing correctly we going to the title screen of Banjo Kazooie can be fixed using the Glide64 plug in.

It would be fantastic for that game to be perfect.

Keep up the amazing work guys.
Device: Sony Xperia Z3
CPU: 2.5 GHz (Snapdragon 801)
GPU: Adreno 330 | RAM: 3 GB
Screen res: 1920 x 1080 | ROM: Stock 5.1.1

Nexus 7 (2013)
CPU: 1.5 GHz (Snapdragon S4Pro)
GPU: Adreno 320 | RAM:  2 GB
Screen res: 1920 x 1200 | ROM: Stock 5.1.1

Offline astanners

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 27, 2015, 09:33:06 PM »
Hey I am running the emulator on a Fire TV and using a Nyko Play Pad Pro. First off I wanted to say I love the emulator you did a great job and I am seeing almost everything run great! (Resident Evil 2 didn't seem to render properly)

The only issue I am running into is the controller does not seem to have start mapped to it. Is there somewhere I can map this? I would rather have the "select" button on the controller mapped to act as start then show a quick look at the game speed, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 28, 2015, 06:45:18 AM »
Do you have the latest alpha build? Here it is just in case you don't:

http://www.paulscode.com/source/Mupen64Plus-AE/AutoBuilds/

Grab the one from September 8th.

In that build, you can go to the top left menu, which brings up the side bar. From there, go to controller profiles. Click on the Nyko profile (if there is one) and then hit copy. From there you can click on the copy, hit edit, and adjust the mappings.

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 05, 2015, 02:35:14 PM »
http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/s192/ new device powered by nvidia tegra k1 2gbs ram 13mp and 5mp camera 7 inch screen 1080p 10000mah battery looks like it was made to compete against shied

Offline nakata6790

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 14, 2015, 08:03:07 AM »
Hello everyone, first post here.
I just registered to thank the developer(s) for this great project and congratulate them on a job well done. Ever since discovering the
3 α debug versions, i playtested them extensively on my phone and tab. I really like the multiple plugin support, makes all the difference in the world when playing a game like Perfect Dark , having the light coronas or the camspy rendered correctly like a real N64.

I also like the cover gui (the initial rom scan however misses some games if they are in .zip form) and especially the sidebar that is accesible in game, in the last 3 apk updates. Really useful and handy addition, well done!

I also have a couple of suggestions
1. Could there be an option to turn off auto save upon exiting a rom?
2. The touchpad editor having an option for A and B buttons to be side by side (like N64oid) instead of like a real N64 controller, useful for small screened smartphones

Finally,  on my phone (xperia E1) and tablet (LGV490), if i setup the mupen64 folder to be located on the external SD, some games like Turok 2 or 3 do not load. If i setup mupen64 folder to be located on internal storage, they play no problem.

That's all for now, again sincere thanks for this emu!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 08:07:44 AM by nakata6790 »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 14, 2015, 09:24:40 AM »
Hello everyone, first post here.
I just registered to thank the developer(s) for this great project and congratulate them on a job well done. Ever since discovering the
3 α debug versions, i playtested them extensively on my phone and tab. I really like the multiple plugin support, makes all the difference in the world when playing a game like Perfect Dark , having the light coronas or the camspy rendered correctly like a real N64.

I also like the cover gui (the initial rom scan however misses some games if they are in .zip form) and especially the sidebar that is accesible in game, in the last 3 apk updates. Really useful and handy addition, well done!

I also have a couple of suggestions
1. Could there be an option to turn off auto save upon exiting a rom?
2. The touchpad editor having an option for A and B buttons to be side by side (like N64oid) instead of like a real N64 controller, useful for small screened smartphones

Finally,  on my phone (xperia E1) and tablet (LGV490), if i setup the mupen64 folder to be located on the external SD, some games like Turok 2 or 3 do not load. If i setup mupen64 folder to be located on internal storage, they play no problem.

That's all for now, again sincere thanks for this emu!

Yeah, I'm aware of the external SD card issues. I haven't tried to address them yet though since there are still so many other issues.

Also, why would you like to disable auto saves? Do you think it's affecting performance in your device? are you concerned about how much room the auto saves take?

Offline nakata6790

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 14, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »
 Yes that is correct, space is an issue on my part (at least on the phone, it has 4GB internal storage, of which 2gb are usable). I do have a 64GB HCSD ofcourse, but i had to put the mupen64 folder in the internal storage to avoid issues (btw i forgot to mention that even after tampering with foldermount to have the mupen64 folder on the SD and linked to internal storage, Turok 2 & 3 still didn't load).

Performance is not affected (afaik at least) from auto saves, it's purely a room issue, as you describe.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:51:33 PM by nakata6790 »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 14, 2015, 02:56:11 PM »
Ok, I will make the number of auto saves configurable in the future and also, definitely fix the bug with having the mupen64plus-ae folder in external storage. Hopefully I can track that one down.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 14, 2015, 02:57:46 PM »
Also, eventually I want to revamp the cheat editor since it needs a little bit of work, but that is last priority at this point. These bugs are more important.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 14, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »
Hopefully,after dealing with these bugs,maybe you can team up with Gillou and/or xperia64 to attempt to get realtime cheat management support working,complete with editing,enabling,disabling,and maybe deleting.
Maybe looking at PJ64's source code for how it does cheats can help for understanding how to make a non-windows equivalent of what it does for realtime management.

I love how on PJ64,I can hop in the cheat list,edit values of a code,and test the changes immediately,hopefully this can be achieved on Mupen64Plus AE in the near future.
Though one thing I doubt (but wish to have on Android) is adding a memory viewer and maybe also a cheat search for instant value changing or the chance to find new codes easily.
The extra entertainment that could bring with many people being able to search for new cheats and mess around with stuff,and I guess one main concern would be the onscreen keyboard usage for memory viewer and search.
The memory viewer should of course be an optional feature to sustain less RAM usage in normal situations.

I just really want this extra layer of control if possible,as I greatly enjoy messing around with cheats and a memory viewer with modifying capabilities would be the funnest way to do that.
Even if it requires root,it could be added for us fortunate enough to have root like myself.

Sorry for the great wall of text. :D

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 14, 2015, 07:00:02 PM »
@retroben - I might be wrong here, but I'm not entirely sure the mupen64plus core supports real-time cheat loading.  AFAIK it only occurs when the core is first started (i.e. when game first launches).  I may be wrong though... I've never understood the cheat stuff that well.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version