Author Topic: 3.0 Alpha Testing  (Read 295473 times)

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: 3.0 Alpha Testing
« Reply #870 on: March 12, 2016, 11:15:43 PM »
Eh, sadly the same problem.  I uninstalled the previous version via the fire tv interface, reinstalled using db - same issue when trying to save in global settings and at the game level.

I made another commit. I'm really throwing darts and hoping something sticks. Please give it a shot when you get as chance and let me know how it goes.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 17, 2016, 06:27:41 PM »
Eh, sadly the same problem.  I uninstalled the previous version via the fire tv interface, reinstalled using db - same issue when trying to save in global settings and at the game level.

I was able to borrow a Fire OS tablet and it exhibited the exact same issue. I was able to borrow it for long enough to fix it. Try the latest auto build, it should be fixed.

Offline d3n3

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 18, 2016, 11:23:17 AM »
I was able to borrow a Fire OS tablet and it exhibited the exact same issue. I was able to borrow it for long enough to fix it. Try the latest auto build, it should be fixed.

You are my hero, thank you very much. Can you share what the solution was?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 18, 2016, 03:05:33 PM »

You are my hero, thank you very much. Can you share what the solution was?

The way we were identifying controllers was the issue. When we were getting the device descriptor for a gamepad in the fire OS, it had a ":" character in it. We were using that exact same character as a delimiter when saving the mappings into settings. That was causing issues when we were trying to read back saved controller mappings.

To fix, I replaced the ":" delimiter when saving mappings with a "$". This should work fine as long as there are no device descriptors that use the " $" character.

Offline d3n3

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 20, 2016, 11:22:41 AM »
Very interesting.. Well thank you again for troubleshooting the issue.  I'm now able to beat the wife in mario kart without having to hook up a pc!  Thanks again.

Offline the COOL Dad Man

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 28, 2016, 07:55:18 PM »
Using the latest nightly (maybe the 2nd latest) and can ALMOST get Paper Mario working perfectly. It's the damn "star dialogue" problem I'm sure a lot of you are aware of. The only plugin that seems to work with their special stupid "twinkly" font is Gliden64 alpha. But as soon as you pull up a menu, the screen goes crazy with plaid corruption artifacts.

On my PC, Mupen64plus with the default Rice plugin on default settings seems to work perfectly. Are there any settings or tweaks I can copy from the PC version to my Android config on my Fire TV (gen1)?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 28, 2016, 09:29:57 PM »
Fire TV may be limited to GL ES 2.0. That may make things difficult since the GLideN64 plugin for GL ES 2.0 is not as well maintained as the 3.X versions.

Your best bet is to keep trying different video plugins until you find one that works the best. Also, you could file a bug report upstream here for GLideN64:

https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues

Although, it may take a while to get fixed since GL ES 2.0 is so limited. If you do file a bug report, please make sure you specify that it's the 2.0 variant and what device you are using.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:31:42 PM by fzurita »

Offline rafar

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 31, 2016, 01:57:55 PM »
Exists the possibility that transfer pack works and it could load a gbc rom to play pokemon stadium? it would be amazing, on project 64 for pc, this can do it.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:32:32 PM by rafar »

Offline grmilbrand

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 01, 2016, 09:12:25 AM »
Hi Paul and all!
I installed the Mupen64 3.0 nightly from 3/31/16 on my Shield Android TV. I love it! The UI is so perfect on the Shield. And the mappings have worked flawlessly so far on the few games I've played.
Only thing I can't figure out is what the launch argument to use in Rom Collection Browser would be. I'm using the code from the previous install(2.4.4) from the Google Play store:
Code: [Select] [nofollow]
-c 'am start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" && am start --user 0 -S -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus.free/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.PlayMenuActivity'It says launching but then just stops.
Could anyone help me solve this, please?
Thanks!

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 01, 2016, 02:59:14 PM »
Try this:

-c 'am start --user 0 -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" && am start --user 0 -S -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.GalleryActivity'

Let me know how it works. If it doesn't I'll dig further to find the right activity to use.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:11:07 PM by fzurita »

Offline grmilbrand

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 03, 2016, 09:05:07 AM »
OK, so I tried these:

-c 'am start --user 0 -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" && am start --user 0 -S -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.GalleryActivity'

-c 'am start -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" && am start -S -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.GalleryActivity'
(without user 0)

&

start -n org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"
(my Shield is non-root version)

*all just said launching without any further action.

Offline av777

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 04, 2016, 12:30:40 AM »
How about testing gamepad response time from hadware to emulator. Show some specs.

Offline King3

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 22, 2016, 11:01:32 AM »
im using the latest build from auto builds, Tsumi to Batsu (Sin and Punishment) japan works just fine but when i use the english patched rom http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?94613-Nintendo-N64-Mod-Sin-And-Punishment-(T-EN_Zoinkity)-v1-0   Glide64-Accurate runs perfect just missing some intro segments but all audio play, GlideN64-GLES-2.0 runs flawless no missing into segments nothing, just the framerate stutters really bad.thanks for any feedback

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 22, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »
Have you tried turning off frame buffer emulation?

Offline King3

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 23, 2016, 12:44:10 PM »
under what menu is frame buffer unchecso i can check