Author Topic: Paper Mario?  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Keifer1988

• bit
    • View Profile
Paper Mario?
« on: December 17, 2014, 08:18:25 AM »
Is there a way to stop paper Mario from flickering? How can I get to play this game?

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
Re: Paper Mario?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:24:11 AM »
Set frameskip to never skip frames.  May also work better with Glide, can't remember (but the flickering for sure is caused by frameskip).
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline xperia64

• double
    • View Profile
    • My Apps
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 01:09:36 PM »
Set frameskip to never skip frames.  May also work better with Glide, can't remember (but the flickering for sure is caused by frameskip).
Glide is good, except for textboxes which use the wiggly text effect.

Offline robzob503

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 04:09:38 AM »
Paper Mario runs the best on glide with frame skips set at zero or one it takes a little while for the pause menu to work so don't assume that it froze until until one minute has passed  if You use the gles2n64 or riceplug-ins they have problems for instance if you hit a blue switch you will have to leave the current area and go back in order to see the ground again they freeze if you try to open the pause menu and there are a lot of graphics glitches
If you still have problems with the game flickering turn the flicker reduction to custom then go down to the polygon offset and mess with it. It may also help if you turn down the resolution and turn on RGBA_8888. Turning the resolution down will lower the stress to your device and make it a little bit faster when the frame skips are set to zero or one

Offline borgfish

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 10:42:19 AM »
Hello,

and thanks for the nice emulator there ;) guess there is alot of work in it.

Now my Problem is related to Paper Mario, we played it on some android handheld, had flickering and crashes, but that is years ago.
Now i just unpacked my new Amazon Fire TV 4k with quadcore 2x2, 2x1.6ghz, and hoped we could enjoy paper mario flawlessly. The one renderer flickers like hell, the other does not show characters(mario) the 3rd wont show text boxes. played arround with this and that option but no succes..

my question: has someone identical hardware and could advise what to configure ? i figured theres alot of different options for the different renderers, and i might be trying till the end of time...

thanks for any answer!
greetings

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 11:32:52 AM »
Try GLideN64 3.1 plugin.