Author Topic: DeSmuME to Android  (Read 42356 times)

Offline V6ser

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: DeSmuME to Android
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 03:57:11 AM »
xperia64: Well if this works I don't see why we couldn't do the same for the older revision. By the way, which games were you talking about?

jumpertwo: Thanks! I used the source for the windows build. I couldn't find the ARM optimised source or any detailed information on it. If you have more to add on this please let me know.

As for the gles port I was thinking that any burden we can take off the cpu and distribute to other dedicated hardware would be helpful speedwise. Having said that the port is proving long-winded as desmume seems to be using some  fixed function pipeline stuff which seems to be deprecated in gles2.0. Perhaps I should try and move to gles1.1. At the moment I am analysing the GPU and how is handles things. Have you made any discoveries in this area you could share?

As for CPU we need and ARM-ARM dynarec. The only existence of something like this I have found is in Exophase and Zodttd's  gpSP2x which is a GBA emulator, so somewhat relevant. I doubt I could successfully modify let alone write a dynarec. Use of Ari64's dynarec as a base could be considered maybe(?). Anyhow I am no expert so expert comments would be much appreciated!  :)

Hey, buddy :)

I'd really like to see your source, can you upload it somewhere?

Offline Vincentmrl

• Cyan Team
  • long
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
wow the new nds4droid is a real quantum leap because games go nicely, except somehow the 3d rendering doesn't work when it's set to opengl, just a single color, anyway looks like the app means "default rendering engine" when software is selected,(you don't see any difference in 2d objects speed btw), and also the frameskip just makes it look worse without any improvements, or it's just me that I set the frameskip to 9, anyway we are finally getting something based on desmume, I bet it will go faster than desmume for mac (because they don't have any mac compiling skills and remove a lot features).
Device: Lg Optimus One
CPU: 600 Mhz ARMv6 (Overclocked to 748Mhz ondemand governor)
GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 200
RAM: 512 MB
Resolution: 320 x 480
Rom: Unofficial Cyanogenmod 9

LecktheTech

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »
I really hope Paul works on this. The DS is a dead system now. DS had its run.
PSP running DS games. http://youtu.be/Fie-9E4PnyE
What do you mean by a "dead" sys? but for DS emulation, I call 15-17 FPS playable, unless theres other trouble.