Author Topic: Default L button (Xperia play) is wrong + Request to exchange movement buttons  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Dream_Works

• byte
    • View Profile
Dear Sir

1- The Key Code of "L" Button is 102 not 120 as you put in the default configuration
2- can you provide me a choice to exchange Keycodes (movement) between arrows and the analog stick for playing Mario

Thanks

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
For question #1, Z is mapped to 102, because it is used be more games than L is (you can change the maping for games that use L instead.  Almost no games use both Z and L, but a couple do.. Have to be creative for those)

I don' t really understand question #2. If you are talking about making the Play's d-pad act like the analog control, just map it to the axis directions.  If you are talking about mapping the Play's touchpad to different buttons or moving the analog control to a different place on the pad, thats also possible (directions in "Customizing the Virtual Gamepad" in the General section)
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline Dream_Works

• byte
    • View Profile
If you are talking about making the Play's d-pad act like the analog control, just map it to the axis directions.

Yes that's what I meant but

1- how can I map the diagonal directions ?
2- The Analog control buttons are not detected by the key listener in the mapping configuration >>> How can I map  the analog control?

I hope that you put a choice in the controller configuration of the next version to do all of this if you can

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
1- how can I map the diagonal directions ?
The diagonal directions are not buttons on the actual N64 controller.  For diagonal directions, you must have an analog input source (the touchpad, touchscreen, or an actual joystick with an analog control).  Why not just press two buttons for the diagonal directions?  If you want only diagonal directions (to save buttons or something I guess), you can map the same keycode to more than one button (I haven't played around with this though to see if it would have the desired behavior)

2- The Analog control buttons are not detected by the key listener in the mapping configuration >>> How can I map  the analog control?
I'm not sure I understand this question.  If you are talking about putting different controls on the touchpad, see Creating Custom Skins.

I hope that you put a choice in the controller configuration of the next version to do all of this if you can
Due to the time that would be required to write either of these, neither of them have a very high priority at the moment.  Adding diagonal buttons would be the easier of the two.. would require interpreting specific keycodes as two axis signals at the proper strength.  Customizing the touchpad via the GUI would require a touchscreen-based GUI for defining the button positions, their sizes, and in the case of the analog control, their deadzone, max, and padding radius values (in a way that the average person could understand.. not an easy task).
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline Dream_Works

• byte
    • View Profile
Thank you for your quick responses . I really appreciate it .  :)
I will check what you said

Regards