Author Topic: GLideN64 Android port  (Read 118274 times)

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
Re: GLideN64 Android port
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2015, 12:18:15 PM »
The missing heart is different than the Rice issue,it is caused by the major "wrong size texture" issues.
However,another issue is the same as other plugins with the polygon offset,so maybe adding that as an option for GLideN64 would make a difference.

The polygon offset problem is an issue on the emulator's side,as Mupen64Plus in general,or at least the Android one from GLES2 limits.

Is there any way to approach this and fix it for all devices?

Offline Gillou68310

• Developer
  • long
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2015, 01:53:54 PM »
The missing heart is different than the Rice issue,it is caused by the major "wrong size texture" issues.

At least the same hack from rice fix the issue in gliden64.
What exactly is the "wrong size texture" issues? Do have screenshots?
Also I don't have any issue with polygon offset on my device. Again do you have screenshots ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 02:01:16 PM by Gillou68310 »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 22, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »
At least in GLES2 on older/limited devices,the issues is present.

There is a problem with emulator screenshots on GLideN64 that causes them to be solid black,so I will have to use a screenshot app (as I have done before) to get you the screenies.

Offline Gillou68310

• Developer
  • long
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 22, 2015, 02:19:35 PM »
I just double checked the polygon offset issue and I don't have issues because the hardcoded value match the required value for my devices so this explains why it works for me, no need to make a screenshot ::)

A screenshot app is just fine for me BTW ;)

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 22, 2015, 02:29:07 PM »
I still want you to see the result of Banjo-Tooie via GLideN64 GLES2 variant on my end.

Meanwhile,two Paper Mario screens,enjoy my orange circle cursor on them.

This first one is nightmare fuel and shows so many things going wrong.

http://www.2shared.com/photo/Fs4HSVA6/Paper_Mari-Oh_No.html

This one is the wrong screen size during Bowser's battle cutscenes...

http://www.2shared.com/photo/tpDS7uno/Paper_Too_Big.html

Finally,my visual of "polygon offset" likeness in Banjo-Tooie,which required keeping the HUD there to prevent the black out screen issue.

http://www.2shared.com/photo/p32PuVC0/Tooie_Polygon_Offset.html

As you can see,it looks identical to what other plugins show if the offset is disabled or wonky.
(at least on my device)
Conker looks even worse with see-through walls.
Also,wall and floor textures along with some elements in many games including Super Smash Bros. and Zelda Ocarina are switching to the wrong size frequently as you move around.
For instance,Zelda Ocarina's HUD button icons are smaller at times.

Edit: I saw the texture uniform issue you posted on Github,and it matches what I see.
I also see this in game select on Banjo-Tooie,yet on the wall texture when starting the Banjo portrait save.
When can a build to test be available?
Maybe the fix also makes all this other stuff render correctly.
Such as the top-left dot in Yoshi's Story that changes size and the Paper Mario speech bubble also has the same kind of issue on the left end.

Most of these seem to be related to the top left corner of the screen,while other visual quirks can happen anywhere and even be triggered by certain actions.
And Super Smash Bros. has model texture alignment oddities where some things go missing and you can see Kirby's face change size and position whenever changing P2's character,the other issue is that stage textures change size whenever you move to make the camera zoom in and out.
The face oddity may be related to the glN64 face issue.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:12:52 PM by retroben »

Offline Gillou68310

• Developer
  • long
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2015, 01:40:09 PM »
I just updated master with latest gliden64 fixes.

This issue has been fixed:
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/586

Please test an report :)

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2015, 02:37:53 PM »
Congratulations!

As I expected,all texture size changing quirks including the worst Kirby flipped ones are all fixed up.
Edit: Paper Mario's speech bubble and Star icon work correctly now,and no more nightmare fuel,but the resolution glitch in Bowser's battle cutscenes is still there.

Edit2: Conker's BFD shadows are glitchy at times and normal otherwise,strange how Tooie's shadows are just fine.

Now we know the Zelda Ocarina heart is similar to Rice's issue,or possibly "Polygon Offset" related.
Also,the Zelda aiming cursor is still missing unfortunately.

My suggestion is to first implement the "Polygon Offset" hack on the GLES2 variant to allow fixing see-through and bring the other remaining issues out into the open so they can be fixed more effectively.
No harm doing it since there is an option to disable the hack anyway.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 03:22:29 PM by retroben »

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 23, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »
Also fixed size issues from
www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=73810299749ceb63a2b2447a0f0afcbc&topic=3163.msg16631#msg16631

The halo outline effect and circle flip texture remains though.

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 23, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2015, 02:58:32 AM »
Various games' text font still glitches out when using the 5xBRz enhancement.
This is a different issue.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2015, 12:58:50 AM »
A new problem with the same blackness issue for Banjo-Tooie.
The screen becomes solid blue when underwater and no HUD items onscreen,even after the warp pad exploit to alleviate the blackness issue.

Not sure if this still happens after the latest changes that have yet to be added to any newer build,as none have been created in a while,but i'd also like to see if there is any global speed increase from that SM64-related tweak mentioned on github.

On a sorta unrelated note,can someone undergo the test of running Banjo-Tooie on Nvidia Android Shield TV
with "no frameskip" (8007913F 0001) and CountPerOp=1 set,and also using Pure Interpreter?
Primarily with Pure Interpreter to see if it STILL runs full speed.
Trying all gfx plugins including all three GLideN64 variants would also be nice.
Checking HailFire Peaks Icy Side's oil rig ledge view would be the highest priority to test performance.
If slow,see how fast it is on Recompiler just to compare it.

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2015, 10:05:25 AM »
@retroben

I'd be willing to test the game at that spot if you get me a savestate or savegame.  It is a lot slower(half speed mostly) with the Pure Interpreter just in the opening title scenes, but at least the game doesn't crash.  It's full speed with the Recompiler, but the game tends to crash the emulator.  This is with any of the render plugins available using the Recomp.  It gets ingame with the interpreter modes, but it's a lot slower.     
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:10:56 AM by fivefeet8 »

Offline Roger Carvalho

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
Why not link has the android version?
almost every day has alualização the GLideN64 Git fixes for android but do not know where to find ... ???

GLideN64 Git - Update / Changelog:
newbielink:http://www.emucr.com/search/label/GLideN64?&max-results=12 [nonactive]

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2015, 01:05:47 PM »
Wait... is Banjo-Tooie crashing on Android Shield TV?
If it is,that REALLY really sucks. :'(
Perhaps Aarch64 could be the one to blame,or the annoying Lollipop. >:(
Why would the strongest Android device to-date be crashing?
Such a shame if Interpreter still goes slow,even on Nvidia Shield TV,that just proves it needs a major overhaul to greatly increase performance of the RSP/core/emulator itself.

I also replied to "Free Emulator" on YT to ask if he could make a video testing it extensively.

I hope if FireTV gets a custom rom with later Qualcomm drivers and  *sigh* Lollipop,that it doesn't decide to start crashing.
Right now,Banjo-Tooie is crashless on FireTV from my test with new game through all the way to before fighting Weldar,collecting everything possible along the way in one all-nighter non-stop test session.

Would be nice to see more activity on here,but you know,Summer.
I was hoping the Glover games (also Glover 2 Beta) could finally be looked into for fixing on Recompiler.
Maybe I should ask directly on upstream.

@Roger Carvalho: I too wish there was a build with those changes to test the possible speed increase.

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2015, 01:30:09 PM »
Wait... is Banjo-Tooie crashing on Android Shield TV?
If it is,that REALLY really sucks. :'(
Perhaps Aarch64 could be the one to blame,or the annoying Lollipop. >:(
Why would the strongest Android device to-date be crashing?
Such a shame if Interpreter still goes slow,even on Nvidia Shield TV,that just proves it needs a major overhaul to greatly increase performance of the RSP/core/emulator itself.

To clarify a few things after more testing, the "no frameskip" code you showed above and I was using caused the game to slowdown in general because it was try to render the game at 60 FPS on my Shield ATV.  When I disabled that code, the game ran mostly at full speed(20/30 fps) even with the Interpreter mode.  The game still crashes though even without the code on the Dynarec.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 02:33:57 PM by fivefeet8 »