Author Topic: GLideN64 Android port  (Read 125087 times)

Offline Gillou68310

• Developer
  • long
    • View Profile
Re: GLideN64 Android port
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2015, 03:25:30 PM »
Metalmusic sorry I misunderstood your issue. I also have the soldures guns. I'll take a look at it this week!

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2015, 06:13:49 PM »
Should I test the GL Context build of July 3rd with GLideN64 on my x86 Acer Iconia tablet to see if it runs?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2015, 09:34:56 PM »
Should I test the GL Context build of July 3rd with GLideN64 on my x86 Acer Iconia tablet to see if it runs?

Gonetz hasn't checked in the x86 build fix yet.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 05, 2015, 11:54:57 PM »
Hmmm. Is there an easy way to get a core dump or back trace out of ndk code? I'm getting a crash on x86 when enabling EnableN64DethCompare in GLideN64.

Offline Gillou68310

• Developer
  • long
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 06, 2015, 03:02:07 AM »
@Metalmusic the soldures guns issue is also present on PC so I recommend opening on issue here: https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues

Would a Mupen64Plus AE savestate work on PC?
@retroben yes of course!

Another thing. On my nvidia shield portable. HW lighting does not seem to be working correctly
@fzurita this is probably a driver issue with shaders because everything's fine on my device.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:26:56 AM by Gillou68310 »

Offline Gillou68310

• Developer
  • long
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 06, 2015, 07:31:38 AM »
@retroben the polygon offset branch has been pushed ;)

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 06, 2015, 01:00:48 PM »
Okay. :)

The savestate for DK64 like you asked...

http://www.2shared.com/file/wBGjBGeg/DK64_coin_stack.html

Edit: As I expected,there is no longer any sign of wall see-through with the polygon offset hack enabled.
I tried Banjo-Tooie,DK64,and Conker and their walls now look just fine.

What would really be great is if this general polygon offset problem (affects all GFX plugins) could now actually be fixed in a way that makes it no longer need any hacks.
Though I wouldn't expect that to happen,I can only hope it is at least possible and that there is a chance a fix could be found.

Now I can confirm the GLideN64 Conker's BFD shadow issues relate to a plugin issue.
Conker's shadow is clipping through the ground in several instances while some spots have a perfect shadow.
The earliest time seeing it is the main chainsaw intro where the shadow is glitchy the entire time.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:38:44 PM by retroben »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 07, 2015, 01:39:22 PM »
In case it was neglected (by me),Conker BFD's pause screen is missing and solid white with rainbow sparkle edges.
As usual,noticed on the GLES2 variant since I can't access the others.

I used the multiplayer Heist to test.
Good news is the respawn lighting in multiplayer mode is working,but I think the red lighting for damage might be missing,or maybe I am just stupid and didn't do the right action to trigger it.

Also,I saw the aiming issue where the other players are invisible when 1st person aiming the bazooka.
I thought this one was fixed,unless it is a regression or it (regression) is caused by Android.

Oh yeah,Zelda Ocarina now has the targeting cursor since that Z-axis fix has been done for the missing heart.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 02:01:17 PM by retroben »

Offline Mikhail

• long
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 07, 2015, 03:13:57 PM »
Was the offest patch pushed to the recent RetroArch release with the new xmb interface?
I have no idea how to set the offset units, how do test for it?, for the offeset factor I used the
Mario64 tree shadows. The lateset release has broken a few things various missing textures etc and re2 now instantly crashes on boot.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:20:26 PM by Mikhail »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 14, 2015, 12:36:09 PM »
My results on my x86 device are good now,thanks.

Now for the status,Banjo-Tooie has the black screen issue like my FireTV,which must mean the other issues are also there.
How is this issue going to be handled?
One version that broke Conker was the one that didn't have a black screen issue on Tooie.

Furthermore,will the SM64 hack texture issue ever be fixed?
You could always add another feature to toggle for using a different texture handling method that works for these hacks,such as replicating Glide64's method.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2015, 12:05:56 AM »
Both debug versions of Majora's Mask and Zelda OOT have major issues with the required color to and from RDRAM.
While "copy color to rdram" works fine and fixes the pause delay,the "copy color from rdram" is not so lucky.

I got a rather bizarre screenshot of Hyrule castle's entrance area being solid black with Lin's pause model at the top-right corner.
Apart from that,there is a white square on the button display and the whole screen goes white when pressing a button because of the debug HUD showing the button pressed.
And IMO the worst part (even without the RDRAM copies) is that the level select menu is entirely unreadable and just solid colors,making it impossible to read what area you are in.
(I can't read Japanese,but some things have numbers)

A weird screenshot.

http://www.2shared.com/photo/pYc9jjHr/Zelda_OOT__U__Master_Quest_Deb.html

Edit: It seems it could be related to github issue #617 like Superman 64,but I am not entirely sure.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:54:46 PM by retroben »

Offline rocketskates

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 03, 2015, 07:51:58 AM »
Hi chaps,

I have an LG G3 with the latest build of mupen and I struggling to get games to work.

Is there a compatibility list anywhere or any specific settings i need to change to use gliden64 effectively?

Looks like only a nexus 9 tablet does the trick.

Thanks

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 03, 2015, 08:33:29 AM »
Hi chaps,

I have an LG G3 with the latest build of mupen and I struggling to get games to work.

Is there a compatibility list anywhere or any specific settings i need to change to use gliden64 effectively?

Looks like only a nexus 9 tablet does the trick.

Thanks

GLideN64 has compatibility issues with Adreno GPUs. If you disable frame buffer emulation they go away.

Offline rocketskates

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 03, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »
I can't see an option to disable frame buffer?

Thanks

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 03, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »
What version of Adreno do you even have? (possibly searchable via "device name specs" on Google)
No running issues on my end with framebuffer,but as Adreno 320,I am on JellyBean via FireTV.
Unless you mean sluggish framerates,which requires you to pick a fairly small resolution like 640x480 to get better speeds with FBEmulation on GLideN64.
The performance issue (at least the GLES2 variant) is actually caused by the sheer quality GLideN64 provides with FBEmulation enabled,where all other plugins have that ugly square gridding (which ruins the 3D depth perception) if used on a TV.
Even my Intel x86 tablet (not Adreno obviously) with normal Glide64 showed signs of gridding,but the squares are only a fourth the size of what the FireTV renders.

Also,I do hope the Color To and From RDRAM can both be fixed since they make Zelda OOT run better with the faster pause menu and Link's pause model.
If only all of the other plugins could have these two features added,as they don't impact performance somehow.
I love how amazing supported games look with HW Lighting enabled.