Author Topic: GLideN64 Android port  (Read 121865 times)

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: GLideN64 Android port
« Reply #390 on: August 03, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »
What version of Adreno do you even have? (possibly searchable via "device name specs" on Google)
No running issues on my end with framebuffer,but as Adreno 320,I am on JellyBean via FireTV.
Unless you mean sluggish framerates,which requires you to pick a fairly small resolution like 640x480 to get better speeds with FBEmulation on GLideN64.
The performance issue (at least the GLES2 variant) is actually caused by the sheer quality GLideN64 provides with FBEmulation enabled,where all other plugins have that ugly square gridding (which ruins the 3D depth perception) if used on a TV.
Even my Intel x86 tablet (not Adreno obviously) with normal Glide64 showed signs of gridding,but the squares are only a fourth the size of what the FireTV renders.

Also,I do hope the Color To and From RDRAM can both be fixed since they make Zelda OOT run better with the faster pause menu and Link's pause model.
If only all of the other plugins could have these two features added,as they don't impact performance somehow.
I love how amazing supported games look with HW Lighting enabled.

I have an XPeria Z Ultra which has an Adreno 330. Maybe the driver version in my phone is outdated. Frame rate in OpenGL ES 3.0 is actually pretty good for me. The only issue I have is that the viewport is cropped too small when FBE is enabled. So I see only a small portion of the game right in the middle.

I do have terrible performance issues in OpenGL ES 3.1 on my Nexus player which has a PowerVR Rogue Series6 GPU.

I think I'm going to try to tackle the viewport issue next. I may be able to come up with the fix, at least I think I see in the code where the issue is happening.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:24:57 PM by fzurita »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 03, 2015, 11:25:12 PM »
*snickers* The FireTV drivers are ancient! ;D ...  :'(
It says V@15.0 from PPSSPP's information details.

The lowest should have been V@66.0 while the newest one is really wanted more.
I'd like to have V@95.0 or later on FireTV for superb performance along with less "overheating" issues.
(massive heat sink prevents overheating,yet kernel panic reset triggered by Reicast and heavy 3D three.js games)

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2015, 12:41:29 PM »
How good will emulation be for the w3d i think it has gles es 3.1 iam looking to upgrade to something better than the shield portable any opinion will be appreciated

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2015, 12:48:37 PM »
How good will emulation be for the w3d i think it has gles es 3.1 iam looking to upgrade to something better than the shield portable any opinion will be appreciated

Are you talking about the Snail Mobile W3D Gaming Phone?

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 10, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »
Yes that's it

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2015, 02:44:43 PM »
Yes that's it

It's running on a ImagineTech PowerVR 6xxx GPU with only 2 cores.  I'm not sure, but from the reviews I've seen, that makes it on par with a Snapdragon 320 GPU.  Unfortunately, that doesn't bode well for it's performance in GlideN64 which seems to have issues with PowerVR devices. 

http://gliden64.blogspot.com/2015/06/android-port-current-results.html

"Currently the main problem is performance. GL ES 2.0 devices are too week to run GLideN64 full speed. Performance depends on GPU. Mali-400 devices work not bad, some games run full speed. PowerVR GPU has slide show performance. GL ES 3 devices usually run full speed." - Gonetz

I guess depending on the quality of drivers for OpenGL es3, you may get decent performance.  I'm actually curious as well about PowerVR devices as I don't have one to test with.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 02:57:49 PM by fivefeet8 »

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 10, 2015, 06:01:32 PM »
What chipsets run gliden64 the best

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 11, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »

Nvidia Tegra devices.  They have better drivers than the other SOCs.  Unfortunately, the newer Tegra K1/X1 chips aren't in phone devices. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:46:42 AM by fivefeet8 »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 11, 2015, 09:49:39 AM »

Nvidia Tegra devices.  They have better drivers than the others SOCs.

Also, the Tegra 4 is limited to only OpenGL ES 2.0. So the full feature set of GLideN64 is not available.

Offline Metalmusic3000

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 11, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »
I kind of figured it was tegra hopefully rumors of the shield portable 2 are true new info just surfaced in the nvidia portable forum a portable has been approved by the fcc pics wont be released till oct 8

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 13, 2015, 12:05:13 AM »
Both debug versions of Majora's Mask and Zelda OOT have major issues with the required color to and from RDRAM.
While "copy color to rdram" works fine and fixes the pause delay,the "copy color from rdram" is not so lucky.

A screenshot of Hyrule castle's entrance area being solid black with Link's pause model at the top-right corner.
Also a white square on the button display and the whole screen goes white when pressing a button because of the debug HUD showing the button pressed.
And IMO the worst part (even without the RDRAM copies) is that the level select menu is entirely unreadable and just solid colors,making it impossible to read what area you are in.
(I can't read Japanese,but some things have numbers)

A weird screenshot.

http://www.2shared.com/photo/pYc9jjHr/Zelda_OOT__U__Master_Quest_Deb.html

Really think this should get some attention please. :)
It may also happen in the normal versions.
The Debug versions are really fun to mess with,you can't initially do as much until modding the config to allow 4 players and using a blank input profile on the three to enable those slots so you can use debug movement and the level select menu plus other features.
Thanks for the option to stop the reminder for multiplayer controller selection,allowing me to leave the other three empty.

Edit: It does happen in Zelda OOT 1.0 as well,meaning this should be considered a high priority problem.

Really bummed out at the severe lack of activity in the past few weeks. :(
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:11:56 AM by retroben »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 22, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »
Another random Banjo-Tooie lag test for you Nvidia Shield Android TV owners out there.

http://www.2shared.com/file/8BMSrPSt/lag_60fps_clonezooie.html

Place the file in /mupen64plusae-v3-alpha/GameData/BANJO TOOIE (U)/UserSaves and load it to see how it runs.
The "no frameskip" (60fps) and "lag fix" codes are enabled for maximum smoothness,and of course the clone code.
It is in HailFire Peaks (Icy Side) with 7 Kazooie clones and yourself looking at the distant surroundings of the oil rig ledge.

On my FireTV (OS 3),I get a mere 05fps with the clones and not much better without them.

The codes used are these...

No Frameskip and Lag Fix
8003F4F2 000D
D0081084 0008
8003F4F2 0002
D207913F 0000
8007913F 0001

Kazooie Cloner
800F9D87 000F
Clockwork egg destruction triggers cloning.

You can also leave through the door to get rid of the clones to check your speed in the same spot without them.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:36:33 PM by retroben »

Offline rocketskates

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 23, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »
-

« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:25:33 PM by rocketskates »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 23, 2015, 12:42:07 PM »
Y U NO have post anymore!?! (Troll: yuhhhhhh yuh yuh yuh ahh ahh ahhhhhh ahhhh ah ah)

Nice! I know Dolphin now runs awesomely with Brawl on Nvidia Shield Android TV being showcased full speed 60fps with perfect graphics,minus the green results image,but no more distorted character models.

The autobuild page to get the latest build...

www.paulscode.com/source/Mupen64Plus-AE/AutoBuilds/

Code: [Select]
I personally think someone should throw together an easy guide with images for Mupen64Plus AE's interface.

There's two modes for settings,it starts on auto,and the two are standard and big-screen mode.
There is a profile system that you can either pick a pre-existing one if you have the controller for it,or make your own custom one.
The graphics profile,you can copy the premade ones to make custom copies for changing settings.

The main thing to try the lag test with is GLideN64's 2.0 variant with reolution set to 640x480 and "zoom" scale for maximum performance,as Native resolution is really slow from framebuffer strain,but this resolution still looks good.
If you still end up with slowdown,then that means it is definitely the emulator itself actually being too slow.
If it is not slowing down,then awesome,but then you could try the Native resolution to see how badly it can impact performance.

You can even use enhacnement 13 for 6xBRZ in the latest build,it still runs really well,but one minor visual issue with text.
All letters "i" are glitched out as well as periods "." while other shaders have different text glitching.
Hopefully Gonetz or fzurita can fix this issue.

The other fast one is Rice with custom settings to choose the "first CI" render type in the settings.
Fast because less CPU usage,no shadows on Banjo though.

Still,please anyone with "Nvidia Shield Android TV" try this lag test and write back your framerate or mention whether it is slowing down or not.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 12:49:12 PM by retroben »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 24, 2015, 02:42:47 AM »
A really frustrating issue,Conker doesn't like it when I use native resolution with GLideN64,it makes everything creepily see-through again. Using both 640x480 AND 960x720 works fine. I wanted to see the full beauty of 6xBRZ,but the scaling glitch exclusive to Conker is ruining it for me. :-( Can maybe someone add a pickable 1080 resolution?
Maybe this and a few other issues like the enhancements having garbled text will get sorted out soon.

Still really hoping for a nice person with an "Nvidia Shield Android TV" to try the Banjo-Tooie lag test I posted and report back the results if it slowed down or not.
This is a selling point for me to attempt buying one for myself,even though Dolphin emulator at full speed is already more than enough of a reason to get one.