Author Topic: GLideN64 Android port  (Read 117362 times)

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: GLideN64 Android port
« Reply #405 on: August 24, 2015, 09:57:57 AM »
A really frustrating issue,Conker doesn't like it when I use native resolution with GLideN64,it makes everything creepily see-through again. Using both 640x480 AND 960x720 works fine. I wanted to see the full beauty of 6xBRZ,but the scaling glitch exclusive to Conker is ruining it for me. :-( Can maybe someone add a pickable 1080 resolution?
Maybe this and a few other issues like the enhancements having garbled text will get sorted out soon.

Still really hoping for a nice person with an "Nvidia Shield Android TV" to try the Banjo-Tooie lag test I posted and report back the results if it slowed down or not.
This is a selling point for me to attempt buying one for myself,even though Dolphin emulator at full speed is already more than enough of a reason to get one.

I don't think Gonetz has posted his changes to support 6xBRZ.

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 24, 2015, 10:07:04 AM »
@retroben

I took your save and got the following results with my Shield TV:

8 FPS with the duplicates
15 FPS when looking down without them

I had to use Interpreter mode for the r300 emulation though.  The game still crashes with it otherwise.  This is with the latest dev build.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:09:06 AM by fivefeet8 »

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 24, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
Why did it crash?!?
Unless my FireTV is just that lucky to run it on Recompiler crashless.
Maybe it is some BS from Lollipop and/or Aarch64 causing it,if so,it needs some compatibility fixes or an extra version dedicated to that architecture type even though ARMv7 is supported.
Well,that kinda stinks,hope we can reach out to Gillou to see if he can look through it and try to get it universally fixed for more Android devices.
I am really curious about the framerate if Recompiler worked.

@fzurita: But it had beautiful visuals on enhancement #13 with a different text garble compared to #12's 5xBRZ.
Plus,I looked at the autobuild changes and saw the 6xBRZ in green.
The 5xBRZ has all letters jumbled up while 6xBRZ only has "i" and "." garbled with yellow area text looking flawless.
The Conker issue happens regardless of enhancement,even without any,I had just forgotten about how it happens since an older build.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 24, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »
OK, I guess it must be there then. In the past where i looked, it wasn't there. Gonetz must had not added it to every part of the code.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2015, 01:04:47 AM »
My response of a github reply about async...
I am curious if GLideN64's old async buffer method could be faster on Android as well.
It is normally not there because of issues,but having it with games that don't have issues with it would be nice.
Especially if it makes the plugin even faster than all of the other ones and fixes the "Native resolution" slowdown.

Offline retroben

• float
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 04, 2015, 12:59:47 PM »
Man,this forum is really lonely. :(

I really want the screenshot feature to be fixed for GLideN64.
You may have to change the method to a similar one that screenshot apps use.
I use "Screenshot Easy" on GLideN64 currently,b​ut the cursor and black borders always appear when taking screenshots​.
I want clean screenshots so I can take images of my Banjo-Tooie "artwork" codes in 1080P HD so I can post them in the Banjo's Backpack forum.
Other plugins have that pixel mesh around the entire game screen,ruin​ing the quality.

I really want this for the max quality images I can get from it,so please try to fix it. :)

Edit: I have another GLideN64 issue in Paper Mario.

In the Shy Guy Toy Box,when you enter the room where the screaming Shy Guys ran to,it is black and white,but the HUD and the menus are invisible,and when I exit the room,it is still black and white until I use Goombario's Tattle out of battle. (heh,it rhymes)

Please see this,Gonetz.

Edit2: It is supposed to be solid black darkness with a small circle on Mario,it works properly on Glide64mk2.
Goombario says it is dark when using Tattle.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:48:16 PM by retroben »

Offline SuperL

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 11, 2015, 11:29:11 AM »
I can't get this to work at all on my new x86 Android tablet. No picture, no sound no nothing. The device is Lollipop.

I've seen other people who've had this problem and fixed it, but I don't know how to do it for myself. What do I do?

https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/604

Offline ganons

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 29, 2015, 09:47:02 AM »
I'd much rather use the older 2009 Cell OOT pack from Djipi than bother with extracting

Whats the difference between 2009 and 2011? Surely 2011 must be better and updated

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 03, 2015, 01:21:17 PM »
I'd much rather use the older 2009 Cell OOT pack from Djipi than bother with extracting

Whats the difference between 2009 and 2011? Surely 2011 must be better and updated

The textures are sometimes slightly different, but it all comes down to preferences I think.  I played almost the entire game with the 2009 version and it was just as excellent as the 2011 version. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 12:58:53 AM by fivefeet8 »