Author Topic: Hi! Great app! But a few small things..  (Read 1832 times)

Offline donkeyhigh

• bit
    • View Profile
Hi! Great app! But a few small things..
« on: March 26, 2012, 07:43:41 AM »
Hi. Couldn't believe how good the emulator run on my phone. But a few thoughts though.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, and it doesn't have too many hard buttons.
What I'd really like is the possibility to turn the phone upside down and have the picture turn as well. As of now only the menus turn, not the games.
This way it could be easier to use the volume buttons as actual buttons, in game.
which brings me to my next point.
I've downloaded every controller layout I could find for your Emu, but nothing lets me do a long jump in Mario 64 (z+a while running), but if I could bind the volume buttons to be "z", it wouldn't be so hard.
It would also be nice to be able to bind a button to be TWO buttons or more, like in the "fPSE" PSX emulator.
This way I could bind "volume down" to be "a+z".

If you could do any of this for a future release I'd be ecstatic.

Oh, and saving different layouts for different games would be nice, but not a priority: p
Thanks for reading, and THANKS for your hard work on this emulator! I love it!

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
Re: Hi! Great app! But a few small things..
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I should be able to allow virtual gamepad button entries to have a syntax for multiple N64 buttons assigned to one virtual button (I'll look into this).  As for changing the orientation, this is something I'll add after I remove the SDL layer which is coming "soon" (I've been saying that for a couple months, but it won't be much longer, I promise!)

Game-specific settings were another suggestion folks have made, which I'll look into at some point.  The main difficulty will be doing it in a way that the average user won't be completely confused (people already complain about the GUI's complexity now, so there is a constant struggle to balance functionality with user-friendliness)
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline donkeyhigh

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: Hi! Great app! But a few small things..
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 06:45:54 PM »
Thanks for the quick response :) and thanks for continuing your work, even though it is working as it is.
Well spent money. I'll recommend your emulator to all my android friends.

For the record, I don't think the interface is hard to understand,  if you've played around with a few emulators before, you should be OK.