Author Topic: Zelda: Ocarina of Time Texture Loading Errors  (Read 6443 times)

Mikogekz

Zelda: Ocarina of Time Texture Loading Errors
« on: April 02, 2012, 05:23:07 AM »
Hey guys. Let me just start by saying Paul you have done a freaken awesome job working with this emlator! :D

I'm not sure if this problem is device related but it definitely occurs across multiple ROMs and versions of your emulator. In Zelda: Ocarina of time, any rooms with stationary textures (i.e. shops and outside the temple of time) appear to have no texture loaded and some crazy green, yellow colours for the floor and walls. When pausing the game, the texture that's meant to be in that room shows up behind the start menu meaning it's there but not fully loaded (the start menu takes a bit to load but isn't a problem).

Has anyone else experienced this sort of problem because the game runs extremely well otherwise (I've only played up to the town before the castle so far).

Hope to hear back from you.

Michael

Mikogekz

Re: Zelda: Ocarina of Time Texture Loading Errors
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:24:47 AM »
Sorry, forgot to mention that this is using the gles2n64 video plug in. The textures load correctly using the rice plug in but the game runs very slowly and some visual elements do not display correctly.

Offline OurFriendIrony

• int
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:50:23 AM »
If I remember correctly, you can get it to work smoothly and look almost spotless in 'rice'.
Try tweaking some of the different video options.
Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
CPU: Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
GPU: Mali-400MPH
RAM: 1GB
Resolution: 480 x 800
Rom: v4.03 ICS (stock) (rooted)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
It depends on the device whether Rice is a good option for Zelda.  It runs quite well on a lot of devices with the "Skip Frame" option enabled (but on other devices it is still slow, or Skip Frame causes problems).  As far as fixing gles2n64, this is pretty high on my priority list, since I know where in the code the problem is occurring (unlike a lot of other problems where I have no idea).  There are still a few things higher on the list, though, so will probably be a few weeks until I get around to it.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Mikogekz

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:21:04 AM »
Thanks for the quick replies!

I've tried using rice in a variety of combinations with graphical settings and can get it to run fairly smoothly. However, the Zelda logo at the beginning is fuzzy and ground textures are oddly coloured, probably not the best plug in for my device. I'll stay tuned for some updates to the other plug in. Keep up the great work Paul, you've earned my donation!