Author Topic: How do I make a Nintendo 64 controller work on Ouya  (Read 1910 times)

Offline driven419

• bit
    • View Profile
How do I make a Nintendo 64 controller work on Ouya
« on: July 11, 2015, 12:40:10 AM »
So, I have had much difficulty trying to configure this one here.

I have purchased the Mayflash adapter and a usb extension cable that extends the length of the nintendo 64 controller. However, after multiple controllers tested and purchased, I can't get my controller mapped and I have noticed when I try to map my buttons on the Nintendo 64 controller, it doesn't recognize the C buttons. Does anyone else have this happen? I am wondering if there is a specific model that only works with the Mayflash adapter. Also, I purchased a rumble pack so that I can use it with the Zelda games that I started to play, the Ouya Controller works perfectly fine, but for using the Mask of Truth and certain side objectives I need the Rumble Pak. Is it possible to use?

I have been reading off of the forums and a bit new to this but I really don't know where to go from here. Can anyone help me on how to get the Nintendo 64 controllers to work properly and help guide me if I am missing something?

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make a Nintendo 64 controller work on Ouya
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:54:40 PM »
This is actually one of the few controller setups I *don't* own, so unfortunately I can't give you definitive answers.  Hopefully another user can chime in here.  I would also search this forum for the term "Mayflash".

Regarding controller paks, you actually swap them virtually in the app itself, not in the physical controller.  From the in-game menu, go to Controller Paks and switch the emulated pak from there.  If you use a controller with rumble support (e.g. logitech F710 or wired xbox 360 controller) rumble should work if you select Rumble Pak from in-game.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version