Author Topic: Graphic settings going back to default  (Read 3080 times)

Offline BUC

• bit
    • View Profile
Graphic settings going back to default
« on: May 09, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
Device: Motorola Atrix 4G (MB 860)
CPU: Nvidia Tegra 2
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 960x540
Rom: Android GB 2.3.6 - Stock Release
App Version: Current market release. 1.9

Problem seems to be that when setting the 2rice graphic plug-in, it does not remember next time you open Mupen.

Even when playing a game, then going to Menu/settings, it reverts back to 2n64

Would be great to remember, or if its not too complicated... to remember which plug-in to use for what game....
Motorola Atrix "4G" MB 860
Tegra 2. 1 GHz Dual Core (ARMv7). 1 GB Ram
Screen Res. 4". 960x540 px
Stock Android 2.3.6 (for now)

Waiting for Atrix 3

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
Re: Graphic settings going back to default
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 03:27:28 PM »
I'll fix this, must have missed it.  Game-specific settings are something I've been considering, but starting the game is certainly not the way to save settings for that game, because how do you know when the user wants to save or load the settings for that game?  Obviously there has to be an interface, but it will need to be something intuitive that the average new player could figure it out.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline BUC

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
Surely, as of now I wouldn't know how to make that user interface, but if you get a chance, try looking at your "competition" in a way to learn the good and avoid its problems...

If you already haven't, I recommend you to get N64oid, cause even if is not as good as Mupen, it has its pros...

in my introduction to the site I made a long post I could have trimmed a bit, but maybe that help you out somehow.

Anyway one of the things Mupen is missing, that N64oid offers is to actually hitting Home button and coming back to the game without losing place. Right now Mupen is not working this way for me. It just open the Menu once I go back to the app, and when I try to Resume, it just start the game all over.

The other thing is a "Reset" button on the Menu while on the game, so you can start over quickly, and if you have enabled Auto-Save, you can actually avoid saving if it was not your intention.

Lastly, the key mapping setting in N64oid, actually shows what key is linked to the desired button (I.E. A = +) instead of A = "Key Code 59"

ANYWAY... I have to say one more time, that I am really REALLY happy for this app/site/community and dev. Because long time ago when my mom sold my N64 I though I lost them forever... and you are keeping them alive (plus it is way more convenient to play on my phone than on my laptop emu  ;))

Waiting for Atrix 3

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:22:44 PM »
If you already haven't, I recommend you to get N64oid, cause even if is not as good as Mupen, it has its pros...
I have purposely not installed N64oid (except the first initial Market release, which I deleted from my phone after getting my own core up and running).  When Yongzh updates the core source code, I generally scan it for any changes, but have never copy/pasted from it into my code.  I do not want anyone to claim that I copied off of Yongzh.  This app is its own unique creation, and I intend to keep it that way :).  If I end up solving some problems the same way, that doesn't bother me, but generally speaking, there is "more than one way to skin a cat" as the expression goes.

Anyway one of the things Mupen is missing, that N64oid offers is to actually hitting Home button and coming back to the game without losing place. Right now Mupen is not working this way for me. It just open the Menu once I go back to the app, and when I try to Resume, it just start the game all over.
The home/ menu restart issue will be fixed in the near future, after I remove the SDL layer.  As for the menu "Resume" option, for it to work you must enable "Auto Save" in the Settings menu.  This will cause a delay when leaving the game as it waits to save (which several people complained about, so I disabled it by default).  Some cases, this may not work, if I'm not waiting long enough to restore (let me know if this is the case for you).  This will be removed soon anyway, but if it is something that can be fixed easily, I don't mind tweaking it.

The other thing is a "Reset" button on the Menu while on the game, so you can start over quickly, and if you have enabled Auto-Save, you can actually avoid saving if it was not your intention.
The core reset function wasn't working (haven't tested it yet since the upgrade to 1.99.5, though).  I will have to fix this problem before I can add a "Reset" option to the menu.

Lastly, the key mapping setting in N64oid, actually shows what key is linked to the desired button (I.E. A = +) instead of A = "Key Code 59"
A cosmetic change, but something I may add eventually.  Obviously not every key has a matching symbol, so "Key Code ##" will still be there for the "special" buttons.

Problem seems to be that when setting the 2rice graphic plug-in, it does not remember next time you open Mupen.

Even when playing a game, then going to Menu/settings, it reverts back to 2n64

Weird, this doesn't seem to be happening for me.  I uploaded a verbose test.  Could you run the test, exit, and grab the logcat?  If you aren't familiar with accessing the logs, I've posted instructions in this thread.

Anyone else having this problem?
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline BUC

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »
Thanks for your replies  ;)

I have purposely not installed N64oid (except the first initial Market release, which I deleted from my phone after getting my own core up and running).  When Yongzh updates the core source code, I generally scan it for any changes, but have never copy/pasted from it into my code.  I do not want anyone to claim that I copied off of Yongzh.  This app is its own unique creation, and I intend to keep it that way .  If I end up solving some problems the same way, that doesn't bother me, but generally speaking, there is "more than one way to skin a cat" as the expression goes.

Thats good, I wasn't impling copying, but I like the way you approach it. Hopefully with this community and a lot of testers we can help you out. That is something N64oid surely does not have today...

But coming from my experience with version 1.4, I know for a fact that we can "skin the cat very smooth"  8).

Weird, this doesn't seem to be happening for me.  I uploaded a verbose test.  Could you run the test, exit, and grab the logcat?  If you aren't familiar with accessing the logs, I've posted instructions in this thread.

I will try helping you with this log on the weekend.

Waiting for Atrix 3