Author Topic: NullDCe apk  (Read 153415 times)

Offline PsyMan

• byte
    • View Profile
Re: NullDCe apk
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »
It's drk who's working on the code, not me. I just debug here and there and patch when possible. drk also had to get his hands on a few different devices to check the program behavior on them. The results were... underwhelming to say the least.

There's no fixed pace on how the development progresses. This means that there's always some progress. Unfortunately it also means that we have no idea about the time the app will be in a releasable shape.

Offline Kidam

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 15, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »
PsyMan, that's answers a lot, have you considered for the moment taking it as it is to playstore and named it alpha, or pre-alpha, to get some financial support? I mean it's like two guys working and coding, must be all the free time spending on it... At least that demo which you've posted earlier.. if you'll have a chance tell drk that he have supporters, not  just consumers :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:15:36 PM by Kidam »

Offline asturias3636

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2013, 12:17:07 PM »
hello. Does anyone know if the project continues NullDC and if someday be released?. would be a luxury in mobile Dreamcast. :)
Nexus7 2013 android 5.0.1 lollipop.Adreno 320 and Snapdragon S4 pro.
Motorola Moto G android 4.4.4 kitkat.Adreno 305 and Snapdragon 400.

Offline asamsharaz

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:51 AM »
This is brilliant new!!! one day I may be able to play shenmue on my galaxy s3!!! woohooo!!!

Offline asturias3636

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 17, 2013, 11:39:28 AM »
I hope to give nullDC watch it too. They have to put a pre-alpha in google play for donations or view the progress ...
Nexus7 2013 android 5.0.1 lollipop.Adreno 320 and Snapdragon S4 pro.
Motorola Moto G android 4.4.4 kitkat.Adreno 305 and Snapdragon 400.

Offline asamsharaz

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2013, 05:45:20 AM »
Can't wait for this emulator.... been waiting long time   :-[

Offline jaikben

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2013, 11:46:34 AM »
Lets wait another 3 years yeah

Offline asamsharaz

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2013, 11:27:14 AM »
no....... :'(

Offline amdradeon

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2013, 04:09:05 PM »
Stodog dont take offense to this as its good to see this thread bumped no and then. But could you stop double and triple posting and edit a single post instead. Sometimes your replys will take 25% or more of a page. And you pretty much know about if as much as the next guy ie nothing new to add but interest.

Anyway ill wait 3 more years as the other option is to accept that it is not being developed anymore. I have to admit though I go through phases of being ok with no real detailed updates and videos that just tease, and othertimes im like "wth is this dudes problem"haha

Of course he has no problem and the emu is not up to snuff for him. After I heard that the thps was a "hack" targeted at the test device, ive started to think its not as far along as I thought and he isnt holding anything back from the users without the intent to release

Offline dreamcastnulldcandroid

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2013, 05:33:10 PM »
Im posting on the behalf on anyone who played shenmue as a teen, spent countless hours online finding/remembering the name of it, dl'd 5-10 nulldc files which are not compatible with yours' or my device(s), read every and any thread seeking how to format the memory card, and even downgraded sw in attempt of writing to the internal memory via random yt video comment (YOU CANT WRITE TO THE INTERNAL MEMORY OF AN ANDROID DEVICE.) Well, kudos to us,and for those people who are not us, i encourage you to post your experience as well, im sure every bit of detail is helpful in the development of this long awaited project.

My specs: LG Viper, ICS 4.0. im clearly not a "gamer" although i joined this community in hopes of broadening the expanse of the project. i have ran shenmue on my android phone. however, i am unable to actually play it. the long, grueling intro plays and it lags/slow at times, purple spikey glich, in reference to an earlier post. the problem where i cant play i believe lies within the memory card issue. let me explain.

1. save disc to mnt. of sd card (figured this out with trial and error)
2. open and start nulldc
3. shenmue menu screen appears
4. load game option-start without saving?
5. exit game
6. remove disc files from mnt.
7. open and start nulldc
8. open files and format memory card/erase data(tried a, then a+b)
9. exit nulldc
10. replace disc files, reopen nulldc
11. same as step 4

The emulator doesnt save the settings of the memory card, how could it save progress?
via nulldc-alpha-0,1.apk
my regards to rz and drk
i would gladly pay for an android dreamcast emulator.....

Offline jaikben

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2013, 03:22:26 PM »
Any update haha

Offline Aneudi_PR

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2013, 09:51:23 AM »
Is Tegra 4 on the Nvidia Shield sufficient to run Droidcast because psyman said that Tetra 3's Geforce was heavily underpowered.  Has anyone tested the nulldce alpha on the shield.

Offline Kidam

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2013, 08:09:45 AM »
PsyMan, there was a guy who posted message on different forums about helping with development, he said that droidcast dev. (I suppose drk or you) need help with development. Could you comment this? If confirmed I know at least two guys who might want to help you with development, both top developers behind well known emulators

Offline Kidam

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2013, 03:27:34 PM »
Lol, there is Italian guy on youtube with deleted droidcast footage claiming that's his team is developing emulator. Basically standard scum, he has a link to his website in the video description, he's also asking ppl to spread the word all over the web. Some people communicate with him suggesting him to ask Paul for help with developing:)

Offline stodag

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »
yes, he's also using the same video psyman and drk put on YouTube before....
iv just left him a comment letting him know how lame it is..
If anyone out there besides drk and psyman was developing a DC emu, we would have  heard about it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:55:15 PM by stodag »