Author Topic: keyboard mapping  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Prodian

• bit
    • View Profile
keyboard mapping
« on: October 13, 2012, 10:47:58 AM »
Can someone provide default keyboard mapping to the touch screen layout?

For example:
On screen Joystick forward = W keyboard
On screen C up = number pad 1
On screen Z = Z keyboard
Etc...

Thanks.

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
Re: keyboard mapping
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »
Which image should be used for the joystick?  To map it to keys, it must use the button syntax not analog.  I could use the dpad image, but have it control the joystick.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted

Offline Prodian

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 12:49:08 PM »
Im using the touch tablet layout on asus tf700t.

Im trying to use the new nyko playpad pro controller.  The nyko playground app gives the ability to map virtual keyboard to the controller.

Using the mapping within mupen64 it doesnt recognize the right side joystick or left/right triggers.

I also tried to use the dpad for mapping the C buttons but its using the same key codes as the left joystick.

Btw if you need any testing done for a tablet let me know.

Offline Prodian

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »
Im was able to get it working.

Configured the keys as normal in the Nyko Playground app then mapped them in Mupen64.

Not sure why Mupen64 doesnt recognize the triggers or right joystick by default after I setup the Playground it was able to get the key codes.

Heres some screenshots.

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 09:32:26 PM »
Oh, sorry I misunderstood your question (because you mentioned the touch screen).  I thought you were trying to create a custom virtual gamepad layout which had the virtual buttons mapped to keyboard keys.  This is actually pretty easy to do, but not what you were asking I guess  ;)

About external joysticks - most will require you to have an IME before they will map properly (looks like you are using one called PlayPad).  The best supported IME (with full analog support) is USB/BT Joystick Center.

The next official update of Mupen64Plus AE will have built-in support for many USB joysticks, thanks to the work done by littleguy (Bluetooth joysticks will still need an IME).

Offline rickbdman

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 02:42:53 PM »
Just getting into Android tablet gaming and such, and was wondering, would the upcoming version have support for the SixAxis when connected via USB, or would it still need an IME?  Most of the stuff I've been using has built-in support, so I'm holding off on putting down $5 just for Mario and Zelda...  ;-)

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »
I'm working on adding axis-mapping to a "version 1.9.3" build, which will be the same as the published 1.9.2 version with a couple of improvements (including the native USB joystick support).  When I get this part ready, I'll post a debug version for you to test.  I'm developing from my netbook at the moment which is difficult because of the small screen and keyboard (my main PC is in storage until we buy a house), so the test probably won't be ready until Wednesday or Thursday.

Offline rickbdman

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 07:12:52 PM »
Wow, that's a very surprisingly fast response, and absolutely no worries on the 'delay' until Wednesday or Thursday!  I'd be more than happy to provide feedback, for what it's worth I'm using an ASUS Eee Pad Slider on ICS.  Thanks so much, having worked in big corporate development it's nice to see how quick a small project can be updated...

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 10:16:16 AM »
I know this is an ancient post, but I'm going back through them looking for people with controller issues before the next major release of the app this month.

If you're still following the project, would you mind testing the Nyko controller with the latest release candidate?
http://www.paulscode.com/forum/index.php?topic=833.msg7726#msg7726

You should use it in "gamepad" mode, i.e. whatever provides "native" or "hid" analog and digital commands to the tablet/phone.  Don't use "keyboard" or "mouse" mode if it has such things.

If you discover any issues, please check out the Controller diagnostics menu located under the Advanced menu, and report your observations.  I want to ensure Nyko support when the project is released to the market.  Thanks!

@ rickbdman - The release candidate supports native analog for the ps3 controller.  If you are using a wired ps3 controller (even a cheap chinese knockoff), you do not need Sixaxis.  If you have an official PS3 wireless controller, you will need the Sixaxis app to provide the wireless connectivity.  If you have an unofficial ps3 controller, you will probably not be able to use it wirelessly (see Sixaxis in the market for details).

2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline BHTGO

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
I don't have the Nyko Controller, but I had the same issue previously using a wired X360 controller (right stick and analog triggers were not recognized).

The RC version did fixed that for this particular controller, so I assume it's the same for the Nyko one.
It would require somebody to test before claiming it is supported though.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »
Thanks BHTGO.  Yes, the Nyko pad has a few quirks not found in the xbox controller, so I just wanted to get confirmation on this particular device.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version