Author Topic: Can you add 2D SBS support please?  (Read 3676 times)

Offline edu1987

• bit
    • View Profile
Can you add 2D SBS support please?
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:21:14 AM »
It can be interesting to play with vrAse, Durovis Dive or other HMD in a giant screen  :D

Offline hashcheck

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: Can you add 2D SBS support please?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 07:48:34 AM »
Gearvr yes please

Offline iandemartino

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 12:01:13 PM »
Just want to throw my two cents in that I would also love to see this feature.  I like to play emulators in bed without waking my girlfriend and SBS mode in FPse and PPSSPP has been amazing. But I was always a Nintendo Kid growing up so most of the games I want to play are on N64 or SNES, so adding SBS mode to Mupen would be amazing.

I am willing to donate some bitcoin to any developer who takes it upon himself to add the feature. (also, if Paul has a BTC address, please someone post it here)

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:18:06 PM »
It would be easy to add SBS mode without 3D. With 3D, we would have to make changes to the graphics plugin. Your best bet for that would be Gonetz who makes the GLideN64 plugin.

Offline iandemartino

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 06:39:52 AM »
For my purposes, 2D SBS mode is fine. I'd imagine artificially making 3D effects would be a nightmare with all the different games and all their different perspectives and whatnot (not to mention games with prerendered backgrounds). I just want a giant virtual50" TV floating in front of my face with OoT on it.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 07:10:32 AM »
I'll add it to my TODO list, no warranties on when if ever it will be done though since there are many more pressing issues.

Offline iandemartino

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 09:08:12 PM »
Awesome man! Thanks a lot. I really look forward to it (and hope it happens) if you have a bitcoin wallet, post the address and I'll send a donation when I can. (even knowing it might not happen, like you said)