Author Topic: Ocarina of time with the new nightly build with hires texture packs  (Read 4976 times)

Offline gamert1

• bit
    • View Profile
Hello,
I've been using the google play version of mupen and its been working great with rice's video plugin and the hd texture pack that i downloaded, well i decided to try and get a newer version in pursuit of better framerate and overall usablity. but when i try to import the zip file with all the hd texture packs it doesnt seem to load it, unlike the one on google play, it doesnt even wait a second nor does it show that its working at any point, when i run the game it just has default texture packs even though i've set the global emulation to the zelda one i've created where i've selected the hi-def packages.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
Re: Ocarina of time with the new nightly build with hires texture packs
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 11:29:13 PM »
The procedure on how to load high res texture packs has changed quite a bit since v2.5. Did you create a new emulation profile using the rice video pluging and loaded the high res texture pack from there?

Offline gamert1

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »
I believe so, i initially tried to edit the pre-existing rice video plug-ins but couldnt so i added a whole new profile selected rice and attempted to load the hi-res textures via that but it never went through any type of loading process. Then i thought it'd just do it as i started emulation but it did not. So i set it to my default emulation profile, and that didnt work either.
Is there a guide or maybe a thread/post that details how to do this? I'm sure i'm not the first person to want to play Hi-res OOT on a newer version of mupen

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 09:38:12 PM »
Can you post a link to the texture pack you are using?

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 02:02:33 AM »
Make sure the texture pack is unpacked into the following directory on your Android Device:

/sdcard/mupen64plusae-v3-alpha/CoreConfig/UserData/mupen64plus/hires_texture"

There should be a texture folder for the game you are trying to run there. 

Offline gamert1

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 02:47:10 PM »
Can you post a link to the texture pack you are using?

http://www.emutalk.net/threads/51481-Zelda-Ocarina-of-time-Community-Retexture-Project-V6-Development-Topic [nofollow]
Heres the one i'm using, if you guys know of a better HD pack let me know, i dont want anything cell shaded.

Make sure the texture pack is unpacked into the following directory on your Android Device:

/sdcard/mupen64plusae-v3-alpha/CoreConfig/UserData/mupen64plus/hires_texture"

There should be a texture folder for the game you are trying to run there. 

I didnt know this, i'll try this ASAP.

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 05:38:50 PM »

Heres the one i'm using, if you guys know of a better HD pack let me know, i dont want anything cell shaded.

I'm using this version.  It's only able to load with the GlideN64 Plugin though as it's in HTC(texture Cache) file extension. 

http://www.emulation64.fr/?page=download&id=267

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 01:03:35 AM »
Rice only supports loading texture packs in zip format. The texture pack you linked to is in 7zip format. I'm going to try extracting it and then compressing as zip to see if it works.

Offline gamert1

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »
Rice only supports loading texture packs in zip format. The texture pack you linked to is in 7zip format. I'm going to try extracting it and then compressing as zip to see if it works.

well, i extracted the entire file and then re-compressed it into a zip file so i could use it.

I'm using this version.  It's only able to load with the GlideN64 Plugin though as it's in HTC(texture Cache) file extension. 

http://www.emulation64.fr/?page=download&id=267 [nofollow]

I just reviewed the link you sent and noticed that its the Dipji's Cellshaded texture pack and i'm not into that, i'm just looking to play OOT with original art style in HD graphics.
Is the GlideN64 plugin better for this sort of emulation? I dont particularily care which one i use as long as it looks its best with minimal FPS loss and audio stuttering.
I'm using the blackberry priv to emulate this btw.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:31:54 PM by gamert1 »

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 06:52:21 PM »
I just tried it and it worked fine, but I had to do it manually. I placed the contents of your texture pack in this directory:

/storage/emulated/0/mupen64plusae-v3-alpha/CoreConfig/UserData/mupen64plus/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Where the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" directory corresponds to the same directory inside the 7zip file.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:06:25 PM by fzurita »

Offline fivefeet8

• byte
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 01:38:23 PM »

I just reviewed the link you sent and noticed that its the Dipji's Cellshaded texture pack and i'm not into that, i'm just looking to play OOT with original art style in HD graphics.
Is the GlideN64 plugin better for this sort of emulation? I dont particularily care which one i use as long as it looks its best with minimal FPS loss and audio stuttering.

That link isn't for the Cell Shaded texture Pack.  Look closer at the pictures.  It's not at all cell shaded.  Here's a video I made of the pack running with the GlideN64 plugin ES3.1 on my Shield TV:

https://youtu.be/BZKmGNyIyH0?t=291

Your device should be fine with the GlideN64 plugin using the Es2 version.  You might even be able to use the Es3 version for certain games. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:24:23 PM by fivefeet8 »

Offline gamert1

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 07:14:14 PM »

That link isn't for the Cell Shaded texture Pack.  Look closer at the pictures.  It's not at all cell shaded.  Here's a video I made of the pack running with the GlideN64 plugin ES3.1 on my Shield TV:

https://youtu.be/BZKmGNyIyH0?t=291 [nofollow]

Your device should be fine with the GlideN64 plugin using the Es2 version.  You might even be able to use the Es3 version for certain games.

Okay, i see what you mean, i've just attempted your tutorial and unfortunately theres a few options that are slightly different but seemed easy to correlate, but when i complete all the steps, set default for the emulation profile and go to load the game, it just crashes it.

I just tried it and it worked fine, but I had to do it manually. I placed the contents of your texture pack in this directory:

/storage/emulated/0/mupen64plusae-v3-alpha/CoreConfig/UserData/mupen64plus/hires_texture/THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Where the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" directory corresponds to the same directory inside the 7zip file.

Okay, so i've just copied the LEGEND OF ZELDA ZIP into that folder (same place that i placed the stuff for the other guys tutorial) and i tried to use the import tool and still no visable loading, and then i just tried to start it up after selecting it as default and no luck there either.

I cant figure out what im doing wrong...

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 10:17:55 PM »
Don't use the import tool, it seems to be broken. Extract the 7zip file manually. Look for the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" directory. Take that directory and put it inside this directory:
/storage/emulated/0/mupen64plusae-v3-alpha/CoreConfig/UserData/mupen64plus/hires_texture/

Make sure you use rice as the plugin and that high resolution textures are enabled.

Offline fzurita

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 11:01:05 AM »
I tried using GLideN64 for the high res texture pack and GLIdeN64 seems to be crashing with it. I wonder if it's something wrong with the latest builds.