Author Topic: Can someone help me with this?  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Zewett

• bit
    • View Profile
Can someone help me with this?
« on: September 24, 2012, 10:04:21 PM »
I keep getting an error from java

it says

"Error: Could not create the java virtual machine."
"Error: A fatal exception has occured. Program will exit."

any help guys? please

Offline Paul

• Administrator
  • double
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • PaulsCode.Com
Re: Can someone help me with this?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 10:37:14 PM »
This is a common error, and unfortunately it has a lot of causes.  The most common reason for this is that Java is not properly installed on the host computer.  It could be an incomplete update, multiple versions conflicting with each other, or an out dated version.  The best first step is to completely remove everything related to Java from the host computer.  In Windows, this is done from the control panel "add or remove programs".  Then download and install the full JDK from Oracle's website.

If that doesn't fix the problem, another thing to check (if this is a program you wrote yourself) is the settings for the heap space.  You may need to increase it if your program uses a lot of memory, or decrease it if your host computer is low on memory.

Let us know a little more background information if you don't mind.  What OS and architecture are you running, computer specs, Java version, and details of the application(s) which have the problem.  If its something you wrote yourself, could you post the launch script/ options?  Could you post any console output as well?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:39:08 PM by Paul »
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i515
CPU: TI OMAP4460, 1.2 GHz (dual core, ARM Cortex-A9)
GPU: PowerVR SGX540, 307 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Rom: omni-4.4.4-20141014-toro-FML KitKat 4.4.4, rooted

Device: Eee PC 1015PEM
CPU: Intel Atom N550, 1.5 GHz (dual core, x86)
GPU: Intel GMA 3150, 200 MHz (dual core)
RAM: 2GB
Resolution: 1024 x 600
Rom: android-x86-4.3-20130725 Jelly Bean 4.3, rooted