Author Topic: Rom Collection Browser  (Read 5533 times)

Offline uddersfield

• bit
    • View Profile
Rom Collection Browser
« on: April 04, 2016, 04:39:48 AM »
Hi guys,

Completely new to all this stuff, so apologies in advance!

I have an Amazon Fire TV, running Kodi, and I've just downloaded Rom Collection Browser. I want to use Mupen as, well, it's amazing! Used it before on other systems and it's just 10x better than anything out there.

Only trouble is, I can't get it set up. Mupen64 is in there as a pre-set config, with non root and root options. Neither work - when I select a rom to launch, it just says 'Launching' and then never loads. Is there something I'm doing wrong? For reference, N64oid works, but Mupen doesn't.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Offline zachbud

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: Rom Collection Browser
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:56:34 AM »
EDIT: I doubt this will fix it for you (unless your ROMs are on a network drive, in which case the last step will fixi it for you). I'm looking at the current release here and the name does not appear to have AE at the end of the name, like the copy I had.

This is an issue with ROM Collection Brownser (RCB).  There is a typo in the default command to launch Mupen64plusAE.

Fix:
First, you need to have an N64 rom colleciton created.  It sounds like you already have one, but if you deleted it, click the menu button and pick "Add ROM collection", and go through the steps to add an N64 collection.

From the main RCB window, click the menu button and select "Edit Rom Collection"
Go to the "Launch Games" section. 
Switch "ROM collection" to Nintendo 64.
click on "Emulator Cmd".  Pick "Mupen64plus AE"
click on "Emulator Params" to edit the text of the command that launches the emulator.
The default command says:
"start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity........"
the bolded text should be mupen64plusae.  scroll through the text and fix that part of the command.
Go back to the options screen.
If your ROMs are stored on a network drive (as opposed to directly on your fire tv), you'll need to check the "Create Local copy" box at the bottom of the "launch games" options.
to leave the options screen, make sure you click on "save config".  if you press the back button instead, you lose all your changes.

...unfortunately, the current version (2.4.4) is working terribly for me on the "New Fire TV".  I spent over an hour last night trying every combination of video settings I could.  every one of them was full of glitches (primarily missing textures and missing/transparent objects) on nearly every ROM I tried :(

now I'm going to try the beta build and then some of the older versions to see if I can find one that works.......

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 12:31:50 PM by zachbud »

Offline uddersfield

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 01:39:09 PM »
EDIT: I doubt this will fix it for you (unless your ROMs are on a network drive, in which case the last step will fixi it for you). I'm looking at the current release here and the name does not appear to have AE at the end of the name, like the copy I had.

This is an issue with ROM Collection Brownser (RCB).  There is a typo in the default command to launch Mupen64plusAE.

Fix:
First, you need to have an N64 rom colleciton created.  It sounds like you already have one, but if you deleted it, click the menu button and pick "Add ROM collection", and go through the steps to add an N64 collection.

From the main RCB window, click the menu button and select "Edit Rom Collection"
click on "Emulator Params" to edit the text of the command that launches the emulator.
"start --user 0 -n paulscode.android.mupen64plus/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity........"
the bolded text should be mupen64plusae.  scroll through the text and fix that part of the command.
If your ROMs are stored on a network drive (as opposed to directly on your fire tv), you'll need to check the "Create Local copy" box at the bottom of the "launch games" options.
to leave the options screen, make sure you click on "save config".  if you press the back button instead, you lose all your changes.

...unfortunately, the current version (2.4.4) is working terribly for me on the "New Fire TV".  I spent over an hour last night trying every combination of video settings I could.  every one of them was full of glitches (primarily missing textures and missing/transparent objects) on nearly every ROM I tried :(

now I'm going to try the beta build and then some of the older versions to see if I can find one that works.......

Thanks for the help mate. Unfortunately I don't have them on a network drive, they're saved onto the Amazon Fire. Can't figure out a way to keep them on a microSD as Rom Collection Browser won't find/launch them.

Maybe it can't be done!

Offline TheMonk

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 09:41:39 AM »

Fix:

Thanks for the help mate. Unfortunately I don't have them on a network drive, they're saved onto the Amazon Fire. Can't figure out a way to keep them on a microSD as Rom Collection Browser won't find/launch them.

Maybe it can't be done!

Have you set up the SD Card as a file location within KODI?  RCB wont see it until that is done

Offline uddersfield

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »

Fix:

Maybe it can't be done!

Have you set up the SD Card as a file location within KODI?  RCB wont see it until that is done

I haven't, no - not sure how to do it either. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Offline TheMonk

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 04:22:27 PM »

Fix:

Maybe it can't be done!

I haven't, no - not sure how to do it either. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Because you're using KODI I assume you know how to add repos??? its exactly the same except you create one that points to your SD Card

Offline av777

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 01:01:54 AM »
This Site Allows For Login Using any Password.

Offline Nevrion

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 03:05:02 PM »
Does anyone know the parameters for 3.x version?