Author Topic: Custom Gamepad (and Touchpad) Layouts!  (Read 116003 times)

Offline c1tty09

• bit
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Gamepad (and Touchpad) Layouts!
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2014, 12:36:01 AM »
I have edited it once more I noticed that when hitting the Z button I would hit the A button as well. So I moved A and B over.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:40:03 AM by c1tty09 »

Offline Imaynotbehere4long

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2014, 02:30:27 PM »
Forgive me for not reading every comment in this thread to make sure the layout I'm looking for hasn't already been posted, but could you PLEASE allow the joystick controls to be mapped to Xperia Play's D-pad instead of the touch pad? It literally hurts my thumb to use the Touchpad.

I was thinking of an option that would switch the D-pad controls with the joystick controls, similar to the one that switches the joystick controls with the C-button controls.

Offline littleguy

• double
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2014, 07:57:57 AM »
You can already do that, though I'll admit it's not obvious.

Go to Settings -> Input -> Touchpad and temporarily disable the Xperia Play touchpad.  Then go to Settings -> Input -> Controller and map the N64 stick to the physical d-pad buttons (touch the various quadrants of the gray circle icon in the bottom center of the screen, then press the physical d-pad button on the device).  If you still want to use the right touchpad for the c-buttons, just go back and re-enable the touchpad.  With that setup, you will be able to use the left touchpad or the d-pad buttons to simulate the N64 stick in game.
2012 Nexus 7, rooted stock Lollipop
Samsung Galaxy Victory, rooted stock Jelly Bean
Xperia PLAY, stock Gingerbread
OUYA, retail version

Offline Imaynotbehere4long

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2014, 10:04:19 PM »
@littleguy Thank you so much! You're a thumb-saver! (instead of "life saver," get it? ;D)

Offline Dickerson

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2014, 01:54:41 PM »
Hey, I'm playing legend of Zelda ocaraina of time on my HTC one right now. Mapping the volume keys for r and z has been working nicely, except for when my finger brushes the on-screen z button, thus untargeting (of course this only happens in the middle of a boss fight). I was wondering if I could get the standard layout, minus the r and z buttons. I would do it myself, but I'm a few thousand miles from my computer right now.

Offline NobleUplift

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2014, 07:52:20 PM »
Hello everyone! I'm glad this is my first post on the forums.

I've been using Mupen64Plus for probably about a year and a half and I bought it as soon as I found out the background bug was fixed in The Legend of Zelda games. For probably about a year, I've been using my own input profile and have been meaning to post it on the forums for the longest time. Here is the layout:

Mupen64Plus AE Northpaw
Author: roymustang16, Paul Lamb, NobleUplift
About: Gamepad layout with all buttons on the right side

I call it Northpaw, because you can use all of the buttons with your right thumb.

Offline pvo10

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2014, 10:35:38 PM »
Hi,

Trying to change button layout on my Nexus 7 but it won't give me option to select a ZIP file. It only asks me to select Custom layout folder which does nothing.

Would greatly appreciate any responses. Thanks guys.

Offline natebtkd

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2015, 10:19:42 AM »

1st up bud! Thank u so much for makin the only emulator I've ever downloaded that actually works like a charm! I missed my n64 like crazy an uve given me the chance to relive some fond gaming memories again. Thank u :-)
2nd. now im not totally 100% sure it was ur app i downloaded onto my phone of yore, but there was an option to use the phones gyroscopic sensors in place of the analogue stick. Thisproved ideal for playing forsaken in particular. There was just a giggling issue with the placement of the z trigger but, on a game such as forsaken, when ur utilizing every button in rapid multi-combination succession  it was a godsend! It proved just as effective with most other fps games, in particular, turok 1,2 an 3 and duke nukem foe example that use the analogue to look around. racing games also garnered  an air of arcade-style split second responsiveness  that made them even more of a joy to play! any chance u could reinstate that option in an update? as it'll renew my fondness  for these  games to its fullest once more# ;D

best of luck with ur continuing success

ps.. u thinkin of doin any other emulators? perhaps a sega Saturn one? uve made such a sterling effort with this one, that i feel only u could make a truly noteworthy emulator for segas long forgotten an criminally misunderstood  gem

Offline wakanasakai

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2015, 06:44:27 PM »
Forgive me for not reading every comment in this thread to make sure the layout I'm looking for hasn't already been posted (I'm posting this from a Windows XP PC with only IE6 or IE7, so it won't display most of the images that are posted here at all).

Anyway, I want to request 2 custom touchpad layouts. If they already exist in this topic, please post a link to their download locations instead.
* The first one should be exactly like Default Action v0.1.zip (it's in Tripod's first post in this topic), but I need a digital pad (looks like a + symbol) added to it. Put the digital pad to the right of the START button (just far enough away that using one doesn't "use" the other one too) & that will work great.
* The 2nd one should be exactly like Shaded Action v0.1.zip (it's in Tripod's first post in this topic), but I need a digital pad (looks like a + symbol) added to it. Put the digital pad to the right of the START button (just far enough away that using one doesn't "use" the other one too) & that will work great.
*Both of them should sized for a 480x800 screen.

These requests are important to me because some games use the digital pad for actions that other "buttons" don't perform. One example = Castlevania: Legacy of darkness uses it to change the distance of the camera away from your character, & also to let you rotate the camera (left or right) around your character.

Anyway, thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:47:23 PM by wakanasakai »

Offline Laiort

• bit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2016, 10:16:04 PM »
Hi everyone!
I have been using this emulator for almost 3 years, and to show my appreciation I give you a small contribution.
This is the realistic custom skin originally created by the user JoshaGibs in 2013, that I made compatible with the latest versions of this emulator.

Screenshots
newbielink:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-JYtn6-v5rPUmhOMG91T21xX3c [nonactive]
newbielink:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-JYtn6-v5rPbEFKcm1FNGRQaUU [nonactive]
newbielink:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-JYtn6-v5rPbGJuUHNUcUlNd0U [nonactive]

Download link
newbielink:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-JYtn6-v5rPd2hZZ0NRYkNRUU0 [nonactive]